lakngulf
Greener Thumb

A Wonderful Lady

Many of you have been introduced to my Mother thru my forum posts. She is my gardening inspiration and loved all things beautiful. We grew some great vegetables in her garden! She passed away peacefully in her sleep last Wednesday. Here is part of what I said about our Mother at her Celebration.

Mother always liked green. To her the leaves of a plant were more important, and more beautiful than the flowers. It was the stability of the plant, the worker, taking in the sunshine to provide strength and beauty. Mother was that LEAF for so many of us! And may that green leaf shine forever in all of us.

On her casket spray she wanted only green and variegated, no blooms!

Ksk
Cool Member

I am very sorry for your loss. It sounds like she really inspired your love of gardens and all things growing. What a beautiful legacy.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

She sounds like an amazing woman and was obviously a great inspiration to you.

So sorry for your loss.

Ksk
Cool Member

Have you considered planting a living memorial? When my father-in-law (avid gardener) passed a friend gave us a New Mexico Privet. Every time we look out our front window we are reminded of him and as time passes he is never far from our thoughts. He also gave me a tree when we moved in and I am so glad I have it. It is now 16 ft tall and visible out the back window. What a treasure.
Maybe you can transplant something from her garden to see what takes hold.

thanrose
Greener Thumb

My condolences, Lakngulf. I remember you mentioning her. Hope you and yours are doing okay.

applestar
Mod

Ah lakngulf... so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you, your family, and her friends.

imafan26
Mod

So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful inspiration and her legacy lives on in you.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother. I've seen many pictures of your garden that have appeared on this site, so it appears the "seed" of gardening she planted into your life was not in vain.

told2b

May the memory of your mom give you the same
feelings of love you had when she was alive.

webmaster
Site Admin

Sorry for your loss.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Sorry for your loss.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”