ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Helpful Gardener Family

I love hearing the stories and experiences of other members. I am always enlightened and frequently entertained. I frequently feel a personal connection. You all have become like family to me. In addition to providing the BEST gardening advise and information you have been patient with me when I have to rant. You have been supportive when I have had issues.

When I get tied up in my own stuff and don't visit HG on a regular basis I feel a loss.

I would love to put faces to names. I know that meeting all of you would include lots of warm hugs, HUGE amounts of laughter and non stop chatter.

Hey Roger - this goes to you as well.

I have an insane idea. An HG Family Reunion. Smack dab in the middle of the US. Would any of you even be interested in such a thing?

:eek: OK - I know I am nutz: :!: That's just how I roll.

If there is enough interest it would certainly be doable.

What are your thought?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I like it! :) There's a few of you I have been "corresponding" (or at least trading posts) with for eight years now, that really do feel like friends. I don't have anyone in my real life with whom I can have these kinds of detailed gardening conversations with. People know I do a lot of gardening and usually ask about my garden, but a one sentence response is all they are really interested in.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I enjoy coming here to HG forum and talking to everyone, I love every ones garden photos, I love to read what you are doing and how you do it. I have often wished I had a next door neighbor that plants a garden too. It would be great to live in a neighborhood that has a requirement, you must grow a large garden every year to live in this neighborhood. We travel in the RV camper trailer and meet up with 4 other camper groups all over the country we always have Pot Luck Dinner every Saturday evening, group coffee, Fri, Sat, Sun, morning, group Flea Market Yard Sale Saturday morning, camp fire gathering at sun set, and other fun group activities. If someone would organize a HG group get together at a State Park we will come if it is not more than about 800 mile drive. I love to share my garden with everyone and I learn new things from everyone all the time.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”