tomf
Super Green Thumb

Some local lakes we Kayak at, very lovely.

It has been so hot, we went to some lakes kayaking the last few days. This is Timothy Lake near us.
Attachments
IMG_0994 copy.jpg
IMG_0993 copy.jpg

tomf
Super Green Thumb

This is the North Fork reservoir. In one of the pictures you can see the smog smoke from the wild fires, there are a few in Oregon but they say most of it came from Canada. Today is much better.
Attachments
IMG_0981 copy.jpg
IMG_0988 copy.jpg
IMG_0989 copy.jpg

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Funny I should come on this site and see a post about kayaking on a lake. At this very moment there are 2 people kayaking down my street as it is flooding like crazy from the front that's stalled over my area. We've already gotten several inches of rain just today and that follows almost daily rains that have the ground fully saturated and unable to absorb any more water.

I just came upstairs from pushing water out of my ground floor man cave area. I got about 1 1/2 inches in the front section and it was making its way into that area about 15 ft. before it stopped and started to recede. So now there's a fan to help dry things out and hopefully the brunt of the rain is finished for a while.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Oh my! That sounds horrible!

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

We are now getting more rain, but not nearly as hard or consistent as it was yesterday, but I just came inside from looking out over my vegetable garden and most of it is underwater. I have 4 rows pulled in various sections with seedlings up and growing, but I'm worried about all the water it is holding and if the plants will survive. I've had root rot take its toll before and can see it happening again if this rain doesn't stop.

By the way, your pics are great and make me envious--------especially the lake with the mountain in the background. The highest thing in my part of the world is the high-rise buildings downtown and the biggest of them is only 50 stories high.

thanrose
Greener Thumb

Yeah, gumbo, I was gonna remark on the strange pyramid draped in white in the background of tomf's photos. But I can still feel the cold from glacial meltwater in lakes in northern Vermont. Looks absolutely gorgeous, cool and comfortable, although I am used to much whiter sand and more surf.

Sorry for your flooding, gumbo. I've experienced it outside only a few times in my life in various places. Fond memories of wading and canoeing in front of my childhood home. Not so fond memories as an adult piling wooden furniture on beds in case of water intrusion.

webmaster
Site Admin

Wow Tom, that's really nice. I haven't been kayaking in two years after my wife insisted we remove the kayak carriers off the roof for winter. They never went back on! So I'm going to insist we do it soon and leave them on. :P

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”