webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Photobucket problems.

We host photos here. I've made adjustments to the software and moved to an entire server in order to be able to host member's photos here.

ID jit
Green Thumb
Location: SE New England: zone twilight or 5b... hard for me to tell some days.

TomF
You are most definitely right on both counts.

Uploading to photobucket and posting the image here would be 3rd party hosting from photobuckets viewpoint.

The whole reason most people have photobucket (or similar accounts) is for free 3rd party hosting.

I get where photobucket is coming from with this big change..... They are maintaining a huge amount of server space so we can all have free web storage, and I think most of us never actually opt to purchase what ever service photobucket is selling.

From photbuckets viewpoint, people like me (3 accounts and a boat load of images and text docs hidden as GIFs) are just server and bandwidth parasites. I am using there server space and band width for free and never actually purchasing what they are trying to sell. Honestly, I do not even know what photobucket sells or how it makes money. I took the bait without tripping the trap.

I am actually really curious what they are going to do with all of the stuff I have uploaded there. I am too lazy and happinessly-challenged to remove it and/or delete my accounts. Am sure somewhere in the agreement I clicked though without reading there is a clause about fully deleting my account(s) with out notice at any time they want, but doing so is the same as walking a potential customer right out the door and telling them to never come back just because they came in to partake of the free bait and haven't tripped the trap yet.

ID jit
Green Thumb

webmaster wrote:We host photos here. I've made adjustments to the software and moved to an entire server in order to be able to host member's photos here.
That's pretty cool... can you point me to the instructions that I seemed have missed?

Is the Puffer's Pond from the wooded / inlet side in your avatar?

webmaster
Site Admin

That's puffers pond from the main part, at the beach where people sunbathe in the summer. Nobody's there in the fall except the old timers who fish it in the early morning. :)

Here's instructions on how to upload photos.

applestar
Mod

I was thinking how can he tell from that little picture.... and you are saying he's right? It IS Puffers Pond :lol:

ID jit
Green Thumb

Thanks for the directions.

Thought it was. Beautiful place in the pre-dawn and early morning. Ever see a guy there in a woodland fatigue blouse and tan boonie hat scanning the water with a monocular or wading the sand bar on the other side of the channel with a 7' #2 fly rod?

Applestar, lived near there and fished there and the mill river which the pond is a part of for +20 years. That view is absolutely stunning when the foliage kicks. I have a big 3 ring binder about that pond, the river that feeds it the trout, the bugs and modifications to standard trout flies for that place, even a specific fly box for it.

webmaster
Site Admin

Yeah, that's Puffers pond in the early morning, with the mist hanging over the water. Looked beautiful so I took a photo and made it my avatar.

That's a strike indicator I made out of a wine cork that I placed on my line. When a trout takes the bait and swims toward me, the indicator goes down (and the rod never betrays its presence). When a trout takes the bait and swims away, the indicator moves up before the rod bends, so I get the early warning.

Haven't fished Puffers this year but I might get into the Miller during the week if I have time. I fished Lake Mottawa this year and caught some brown trout there, and a brookie in the Swift River. A friend recently caught a couple rainbows in the Deerfield fly fishing with a guide last week.

It's quite beautiful around here, even in the winter. I'm surrounded by trees so the shadows they make on the snowy ground during a full moon evening are beautiful.

ID jit
Green Thumb

Spent a lot of time in the Deerfield at and above still water bridge, in the saw mill in Montague as well. Brookie run in the swift will be here soon. Hex hatch on the miller is long gone, right? The Cold up in Charlemont is very good just above ton convergence with the deerfield, as in the Green in Greenfield

Funny, you and I have probably stood in the same places looking over the same water.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

webmaster wrote:We host photos here. I've made adjustments to the software and moved to an entire server in order to be able to host member's photos here.
Yes I know and that is one less reason to pay for more storage thatn I would use on Facebook.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I spent a lot of time on the lakes in NH, I helped my dad build a house on a lake there as a summer retreat. Life on a lake is about as good as it gets.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I can not get photobucket to work. I log on advertisements load I try to upload a pic then I get a pot up, then another pop up, nothing is happening, I try to close the pop ups, picture is not loading, wait, wait, wait, picture is not loading. It has been 10 minutes it is not working. I give up. I quit.

I have been using Facebook for a long time to upload photos it works better than photobucket.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”