ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Girls trip t Arknsas

Thursday I will be going on a "Girls Trip" to Arkansas with my Mother and two sisters. Unfortunately it will be a short trip. We only have two nights. We are leaving early Thursday. We will take our time driving to Little Rock. Once we get into Arkansas we will turn off the GPS and pull out a for real paper map. We will get off of the major highways and explore. If we see anything interesting we will stop.

We will spend Thursday night in the Little Rock area. Friday we have booked a tour of P. Allen Smith's gardens and home. The tour includes a luncheon. The tour is from 9:30 to 2. From there will take a leisurely drive to the Hot Springs area. We will not be visiting the springs. We have all been there and done that. Instead we will get off of the major highways and explore.

On our return trip Saturday we will take a different route and do some more exploring.

Can any of you Arkansas natives make recommendations for dinner Thursday in the Little Rock area and dinner Friday in the Hot Springs area? We enjoy finding that little hole in wall restaurant that no one knows about except the locals. As long as the food is amazing. We also enjoy fine dining. If you are familiar with the Little Rock or Hot Springs areas your insight would be appreciated.

Thank you!

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

I love riding my motorcycle in Arkansas, especially in the Ozarks. I've made many trips to Eureka Springs over the years for bike rallies that a club I belong to holds in the early fall. I've run up there by taking the Shreveport route and heading into Arkansas and riding near the Oklahoma border and hit small towns like Mena and headed north from there to Eureka Springs. Then I've taken the Mississippi route up near Brookhaven and jumped on state roads to finish the journey once in Arkansas----well, you really have no choice going north/south but to take state roads in that state.

Enjoy yourselves and be aware of the twisties if you head into the mountains.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”