tomf
Super Green Thumb

No respect!!!!

Some people have no respect for the beauty around them. These are from a back road on the coast in California, we were down there in April.

imafan26
Mod

When properties are abandoned or look abandoned, other people think it is ok to add more junk to it.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

My father-in-law died several years ago and owned a piece of property a few hours away from all immediate family members and I would head up there to check on things and try to keep the property from growing over even though it was in a rural setting with not many neighbors around.

Long story short---it didn't take the seedier element of life all that long to figure out the property was now pretty much abandoned and they came in and started taking things, breaking into the houses and shop on the property and even went as far as digging up a Meyer Lemon Tree I had given him and taking it. I finally decided to buy lumber and board up the 2 houses and shop on the property. The last time I was up there about 4 months ago I opened up the old man's house and it was going to pot with no good air circulation and the fact the roof now has leaks that are allowing mold and mildew to start doing its thing. Add to that the takeover by rodents and it is nothing more than a teardown in the making.

I told the wife I'd like to try to get the property and I'd put it in her name to keep it in the family, but it is a mess with the lineage of owners never properly transferring title to the property and it would likely cost a small fortune to legally get that resolved so the property can be owned outright by anyone looking to take it over.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

It may be worth doing gumbo.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

The building is a bathroom thet is closed.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

tomf wrote:It may be worth doing gumbo.

I'm considering it seriously. The total area of the 2 pieces of property is just over 16 acres with one parcel with the houses and shop on it at 6.5 acre and a separate piece not attached to the original property with 10 acres. The 10 acre parcel was primarily used for hunting deer as the property is near a wildlife refuge.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”