Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I am glad everyone hear takes time to help others.

I use to be on several forums it was fun to talk to people and exchange ideas and answer questions.

10 years ago I joined a forum new people come to the forum to ask questions, they post their question, reply would always be, "We talked about that already do a search and read about it." That made me think people on that forum are a bunch of jerks. There were several new people like me so I stayed and we talked and it was fun for a while. The past 2 years only 3 people have posted a message on THAT forum with no replies at all. The forum is dead.

Last night I replied to a question on the garden form, it was a long reply, took me a long time almost 2 hours, my key board keys stick sometimes, I make lots of typing errors, auto correct drives me crazy changing words so what I type makes no sense at all, I have to proof read everything several times to fix all the errors. LOL.

I remember replying to the same questions on the garden forum several times in the past sometimes I wish I could save my reply, copy and paste it there to save me all the time typing it again. But that makes me think about the other forum that is dead because no one will reply they tell you to do a search we talked about that already.

I am glad everyone here takes the time to reply to questions to help other people with their garden. Keep it up.

ID jit
Green Thumb
Location: SE New England: zone twilight or 5b... hard for me to tell some days.

I hear you on that and second it!

Am new here and KNOW I have reredundantly reasked some of the same old requestions. I tried to minimize it by doing my own reasearch and trying to figure things out first, and only asking about the things which stumped me. Doesn't mean that the kind and gracious people who clarified things for me hadn't already typed a very similar response who knows how many times.

So, Thank You All!
Last edited by ID jit on Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I had a college professor once that use to say, "if the class all makes a poor grade on the test it is my fault for not explaining it well enough." He want on to say, "I know this stuff been doing it and teaching it 40 years it is easy for me, I find my self not explaining it to students with enough detail for them to understand it." I am like that sometimes if I proof read what I typed I can often make it more understandable if I have time. Sometimes I return the next day proof read and make it better.

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Agree with you totally, Gary. I really appreciate the ideas from all. And LOVE the pictures of fresh produce.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

How about comics??
31ead379adb0a7fb735cba314990e7ac.jpg
ID jit, you are doing fine :wink: . You are articulate and creative in your thinking and it's a pleasure to have you share it with others. I've little doubt that after 4 or 5 decades of gardening, you will be putting an extra letter or two in your handle - like a "d" or an "S."

To be helpful, it seems to me that we should make some attempt to answer questions. Just dumping it back on the questioner isn't doing that. It also helps us who answer, to really take a hard look at our own thinking and to clarify notions.

The HG forums should provide a CMP for those who really make an effort, again and again. BTW, my girlfriend years ago worked at an ice cream shop and a CMP is the Chocolate, Marshmallows and crushed Peanuts that went on a sundae. Lately, I've learned that a CMP is also a "certified meeting professional" ..! We certainly have some qualified people here :).

Steve

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”