!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

the Nutty Buddy Collective (SPAM alert)

technically kind of gardening related, but a little spammy and I didn't want to gunk up other boards. mods, please move or get rid of this post if it's in the wrong place or breaks a rule I don't know about.

I'm a member of a five-person group that's planting nut (and some fruit) orchards in the area around asheville, nc. we make long-term (99 years) lease agreements with landowners on a crop-sharing basis. we have two young orchards under lease and planted and are in conversation with a number of potential new landowner partners.

our website:
https://nuttybuddycollective.com/

here's the spam part:
while our orchards are growing up and we plant more, we're starting work on accessing more of the local native nuts - mostly black walnut and hickories. we're doing a fundraiser for equipment to open a nuttery where we can process nuts at a commercial volume. we hope to be a community resource that will be able to buy nuts from homeowners (many of whom view the numerous black walnuts as annoyances) and foragers, or process the nuts for the collector's use for a fee. lots of work yet to make this a reality, but we're getting much closer. the online fundraiser is here:
https://www.gofundme.com/nutfundraiser

we are technically a for-profit company, though for the establishment phase we're referring to ourselves as a 'non-profitable'. none of the individuals in our group have much money to invest, and we're not prepared to take out significant loans since we can't expect to make much money as we fine-tune some of our processes on wild nuts. hence the fundraiser. if you feel moved to donate or spread the word, it would be much appreciated. but please no one feel obligated.

I'm happy to talk about or clarify any of this stuff. we're all pretty excited about tree crops in general and nuts specifically. what we're doing is admittedly pretty 'outside the box' when it comes to modern agriculture.

webmaster
Site Admin

:) I'm watching a movie with my family but will take a look when I have a moment.

Thanks for sharing!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

What a great idea! :)

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”