ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

Re: Winter Exercises

Since the cold weather arrived I've been working out a couple times a week bringing wood into the house. It's a long walk and has to be made several times to fill the rack. Not the best of workouts but it does get the heart rate up.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I do this for one.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Great picture, Tom!

Four inches of fresh snow this morning and 22°f. I got the snow shovel and cleared the walks ...

;) It took me 35 minutes. There were many breaks just to breathe - and, stretch the back. If my legs don't bother me, no Indoor Mile today ;). Fact is, I took the landing out at the bottom of the basement stairs this week. The only part left is what is holding up the stairs. Gainful activity will be cutting boards and building the new landing. Then I have to tear that last part out and that landing had better fit or, I'll be a prisoner down there! Doing curls with the sledgehammer and having DW toss down my bread and water!

Steve

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

I have begun including these with my Indoor Mile walk ;).

Walking Workout

Fitness Magazine calls it "toning" but I'm also trying to speed up the heart on an otherwise, casual stroll. I won't need to do this outdoors! Outdoors, I can pick up a little more speed. But still ... the arm movements are good for these arthritic shoulders :wink: .

I'm missing the "muscle-strengthening activity" on the 2 days a week, recommended. Summertime, no problem with any of this! I'm running a shovel or spading fork, carrying buckets, etc.

Steve

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”