HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Re: You mess with me, I mess with YOU! -_-

I hope you all don't mind that my 'Mess With Me' story is about humans rather than cats. So the other day, I picked up some litter that somebody left next to my log on the corner of my place, a cigarette pack with 2 cigarettes left in it and an empty lip gloss package. It is irritating that people litter. Well, today there was a young teenage girl sitting in the same spot on that same log when I pulled up. I got out of my car and asked her about the cigarettes and she fessed up, said they were her friend's. Then I asked her if she dropped lip gloss packaging that said 'Baby Lips' on it. She fessed up, said that the lip gloss package was hers, and quietly said "sorry". Then I said to her "I wouldn't sit there if I was you." She asked why. I responded with "People pee on that log all the time. It reeks of urine. Can't you smell it? " The girl that left me the litter present shot up faster than lighting and then walked away while brushing her back side with her hands. I could hear her saying "oooooh gross" as she walked away. Actually, I have never seen anyone pee on that log. I just said that to get her back. Ha-Ha.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

We have been invaded by cats! Just as we are surrounded by dogs! Three dogs, two small one large on one side. Three dogs, two large one small on the other.

Across the road, there is only one tiny dog in 4 houses. I think that the 3 cats that live over there like to show up in my yard to taunt my dog neighbors! Please. I'm sick of all this!

You are right, AppleStar, cat poop kills the grass. It isn't just the surprise packages they leave in the loose soil and bark mulch. Some surprise - stinks and you only need to follow the flies to find it! I very nearly took the last pile back to the neighbor across the road who owns those 3 female cats. But no, I decided to be the good neighbor and continue using my garbage can.

I like pets but unless I'm dogsitting one of DD's, I have none of my own. I like dogs and cats. Two of the neighbors dogs are my friends. I threw water on one of the cats who decided she could ignore me because she was watching a squirrel ... Be glad when the ground is frozen and covered with snow!

Steve

Plantdoctor_IA

I have a little catnip info:
I live in NE Iowa and there are many Amish in our area. I visited one of their gardens once and the Amish lady pointed out to me that they plant catnip in each corner of their gardens. When they enter the gardens, they pick a leaf or 2 and rub it on their exposed skin (not much with Amish ladies) That is their mosquito repellent. They also said that the cats do not enter the gardens to use them as a litter box...instead they roll around by the catnip at the edge of the garden.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I have 3 cats, neighbor across the street has 4 cats, neighbor 2 houses to the south has 2 cats, neighbor behind us has 1 cat. Cats are my garden friends. I planted catnip several times in the herb garden my cats will sleep in there all day every day. In the spring when I till the garden the cats think the garden is a giant cat box. After it rains a few times and the soil gets hard cats are in search for a soft place to dig and poop. I tilled a small place in the corner of the yard and like magic the cats were pooping there 2 minutes after put the tiller in the garage. After it rained a few times and the cat box area became hard cats were looking for a soft place to poop. That is when I realized if I keep the cat box area in the corner of the yard tilled about once a week cats will go there all the time, it worked. I like the cats, squirrels, moles, rabbits, birds, and deer. I get up with the sun, set outside with my coffee and watch the animals. The cats keep the rabbits away until the garden gets tall. Squirrels and birds are smart enough to keep their distance from the cats. For some strange reason deer are no problem this year they never came to eat my sweet corn but they ate my neighbors lettuce. None of these animals are a problem in my garden, not even the rabbits they eat the small tender, plants like new weeds but nothing I plant in the garden once it has grown tall. Once the garden plants are tall rabbits have no interest in hard woody plants or any other plants not even the tender leaves of the beans. Rabbits will eat dandelions in the yard before they eat anything in the garden. Moles are no problem either. I never plant lettuce it is not a valued crop rabbits will probably eat it.

cyberdan

BirdLover wrote:Then I said to her "I wouldn't sit there if I was you." She asked why. I responded with "People pee on that log all the time...........I just said that to get her back. Ha-Ha.
Good thing I have carpeting in my office. I almost fell on the floor laughing. Thanks :P

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

I'm keeping that strategy in my back pocket in case I need to use it again.
A while back, a dog pooped by that same log. The dog was on a leash. I yelled at the guy "Clean it up!" He did not have any pooper scooper equipment on him. He shouted back "I can't help it that she decided to go there." I shouted back "Clean it up!" He finally said that he would come back in a little while and clean it up. He did indeed return with some paper towels, etc that he bought at the store. While he was cleaning it up, he repeatedly jumped up and yelled "I'm cleaning it up! I'm cleaning it up!" It was hilarious. I never thought that I could be so scary.

cyberdan

BirdLover wrote:he repeatedly jumped up and yelled "I'm cleaning it up! I'm cleaning it up!" It was hilarious. I never thought that I could be so scary.
You should have got it on video. you tubers would love it.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Yes, it would have made a great video. I have another funny story but it doesn't fit here. I will post it on a new thread.

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

Seems like most dog walkers don't come prepared for Fido to drop a log on a walk. Either they don't expect it or they just don't care as long as it's not their yard. I had been finding dog droppings in my yard nearly every day for a couple weeks. Then one day I was out there working when a woman walked by with her child and small unleashed dog came by. So of course the dog dropped one in the same spot where I had been finding it's droppings. The woman said, "oh I'm so sorry. I don't have a bag." I happened to have several and said, "Here you go". Never found dog droppings in my front yard again.

Most of the cats in our neighborhood are wild feral monsters. Too bad Animal control won't take them unless you pay them $25 each.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

I never heard of that before, animal control charging $25. Here, they pick them up for free. They keep them for a while, in case somebody claims them. They put them down if they aren't claimed. People can be so irresponsible, especially when it comes to animals. I'm one of the responsible people. I get to pay the taxes that pay for that kind of stuff.

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

What's funny is that the main office put up cameras so they can charge people who drop off animals with abandonment. AC and the local humane society are jokes.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”