HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Possum Joke

What did the first possum say to the second possum after the second possum crossed the road?
(scroll down for answer)

How did you do that?

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Hmmmm...I don't quite get it just yet :) give me a little time, maybe I'll figure it out.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

This year I've been seeing (and smelling!) more dead skunks in the roads than 'possums. I think they might even be slower!

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Q; Why did the chicken cross the road?
A; To show the possum it could be done.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

AnnaIkona wrote:Hmmmm...I don't quite get it just yet :) give me a little time, maybe I'll figure it out.

Cause they never make it across! LOL

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Around here, we see alot of dead possums in the road, so we like to make fun of them. I think they don't see all that well, so they get hit by cars alot. We are so mean, making fun of them the way we do. I had a baby possum get inside once. Baby possums are somewhat cute, but the tail looks like a rat's tail. So the baby possum looked like a rat in the dark. He ran over the top of my bed and scared me to where I flew out of bed screaming. The entire story is longer than what I have time for right now.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

One night, not long ago, my wife came inside and informed me that while she was sitting on our porch swing talking to her brother in Florida, a possum casually walked up the 12 stairs, turned in front of her toward our back door and made his was 20+ feet across the porch to eat the cat food I put out for a neighborhood male that comes by for a daily visit.

She was not amused since she sat on the swing for over a half hour for the possum to leave since the cat food if very close to the back door to the house.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

In my childhood home, here in SC, our dining room table was positioned with one end against the carport window. My dad built a huge plywood box under that window on the carport to hold his tools. My parents always fed the outside cats on top of the big shed box, right under that window. We had frequent visits from possums AND raccoons! But they never fainted! They'd look you right in the eye through that window and hiss! So ugly, too!

The raccoons were always pretty comical in that they were frightened when they saw you, so they would try to get to the food without making eye contact with you! Ha! You would just see a stretched out arm blindly grabbing for cat kibble.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I know a guy who kicked one in the head and it's tooth became lodged in the guys foot.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

The stories are the best! Baaaahahaha!

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Tonight, as I was driving home, I saw an animal scurry across the road. I was sure it wasn't a cat. I thought that it might be a rabbit or raccoon. So I slowed down and looked closely under the parked truck to see and there sat a possum celebrating the fact that he had made it across the road. :>

JohnGCS

How about this one?

How many rednecks does it take to eat a possum?

Three. One to eat it, and two to watch for cars.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Ugh...

Dead possum on my running route. Pretty hard to hold your breath and run!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”