Do you use the Quick Reply button or the Full Editor screen?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:53 pm

#1: Yes, I use the Quick Reply button
49%
#2: No, I do no use the Quick Reply button
5%
A: It is ok to remove the Quick Reply.
19%
B: It is NOT ok to remove the Quick Reply!
27%

Total votes: 37
webmaster
Site Admin

MEMBER FEEDBACK REQUESTED PLEASE. THANKS!

Thanks in advance!

The advantage of the quick reply button is that one doesn't have to open a brand new window to post a response, you can just answer the question right there. The benefits are probably more keenly felt on a tablet or mobile device that won't have to download a new web page in order to answer a question.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

kayjay
Green Thumb

I like the quick reply button on this forum as well as others I use, but I also use the 'full editor'/'preview post' if I've tried to attach a link or image, to make sure it worked. It's nice to have both options. Is there a good reason to remove the 'quick reply'?

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

My answers:

#1. Yes, I use the Q.R. button sometimes. I use both, the Q.R. button and the full editor as well. It's about 50-50 for me. Sometimes when I use the Q.R. button, I regret it and then pull in the full editor.

A. Yes, okay to remove the Q.R. button.

Mr green
Green Thumb

I almost only use the quick reply button, except for some parts of the forum, where its not present...

Why has the question to remove it even come up?

Allyn
Green Thumb

Like the previous posters, I use the Quick Reply button and then sometimes switch to the full editor. I don't use the Quick Reply for any special reason other than it's the big 'reply' button at the bottom of the page and it's the reply button I see first. If you put a big "full editor" reply button front and center at the bottom of the page, I'll use that one instead. Makes no nevermind to me. :)

webmaster
Site Admin

That's an interesting suggestion. The default is for the green "quick reply" button centered just beneath the discussion area. I could move the "post reply" button to the right so that it is also centered and more visible.

Mr green
Green Thumb

NO Please don't, the quick reply is awesome because I don't have to open a new page, it opens a small box in the same page I'm in. Way more convenient.

I ask again why would you wanna remove it? What is the reason. Add it instead to the parts that are lacking it, IMO.

Just move the Post reply button next to it if its to far away for some people. :)

Allyn
Green Thumb

webmaster wrote:That's an interesting suggestion. The default is for the green "quick reply" button centered just beneath the discussion area. I could move the "post reply" button to the right so that it is also centered and more visible.

Heck, don't do that an account of what I said. I don't care which reply button is there. It matters to some folks, so pay more attention to what they say. I'll click whatever is there. I don't care. My hand guides the mouse and clicks before my brain decides which reply window I want. I was just saying that I use Quick Reply because it's there and sometimes, after I have the reply window open, I realize I want the full editor instead. If putting both buttons there keeps everyone happy, That's fine, too. :)

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

I run no-script and had to allow all scripts in order to see what everyone was talking about. On mine the default setting has the quick reply box already open so I don't even have to click the button to open it.

And yes, I use quick reply most of the time. I like having the whole page up above the box so I can go back and reread a post if I want.

No, I don't want it removed. It's too hard to go back and reread, edit, submit, and reread again.

roseycheeks
Green Thumb

I use both options, if I have a quick question it is nice to be able to have that choice.

webmaster
Site Admin

Ok! Well it looks like the community has spoken. I just wanted to gauge if many were having problems with it and if it was a useful feature. It looks like nobody's having issues with it and many find it useful. So it looks like it's going to stay! :)

Thanks a bunch for the feedback, much appreciated! :)

Chrisr
Newly Registered

New here not sure

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”