ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

New Nigerian phishing scam

I'm not real sure if this is okay or not. Not trying to break any rules here but I did want people to know about the latest scam.

I got an email stating that my email was found on the hard drive of a Nigerian scammer and the anti-scam department of Nigeria wants to get my $5 mill back to me so I need to send them my ATM info so I can get my money all at once instead of in $5,000 increments limited to one transfer per day.

Forewarned is forearmed. I sure don't want to see anyone ripped off by these cons.

imafan26
Mod

Re: New Nigerian phishing scam

I got something similar. It is hard to get rid of, more of them keep coming through and it gets harder because when I try to block them, it says I cannot block my own email. The spammers will actually get your contact list and spam others on your list as well.
Happy gardening in Hawaii. Gardens are where people grow.

Allyn
Green Thumb

How about if I don't give my ATM information and just send me the $5,000 per day? No, really, that's okay. I don't need it in a lump sum. Five grand per day is fine.

webmaster
Site Admin

imafan26, that sounds like a virus.

imafan26
Mod

I added malwarebytes and super anti spyware. The anti virus did not detect it, only the anti malware programs.
Happy gardening in Hawaii. Gardens are where people grow.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

If it came from an email it is not from your computer. Are you telling me I am not going to get my millions, rats!
The things I do are an evolution and I am always learning. My way is not the only way of doing things, and I may and will change the way I do things as I learn better ways. So any advice that I give is in that spirit.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”