tomc
Super Green Thumb

Stupor bowl

Really, five hours of pre-game?

Sounds like a marathon of Parasite, the Enemy Within.

imafan26
Mod

I guess all the beer helps get people through it. I will be out shopping instead.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

not watching any of it! Five hours of pre-game sounds mind-numbing. Blah, blah, blah the same stuff over and over...

tomf
Super Green Thumb

This is the number one day for beating the wife or girl friend, sad but true.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Some people know more and think more about the super bowl than they do about there country!

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

We are not watching. We had a baby sitter for 4 hours today, did some shopping. I made a huge pot of Paleo chili, guacamole, almond flour "cornbread". I plan on stuffing my face so full I'm near popping (close to it sans food), then I'm gonna take a long, not as hot as I'd like, bubble bath and stare longingly at my empty bath tub suction cup, wine glass holder, and dreaming about not growing an infant inside my body....2 more months!

Happy Super Bowl to erbody else! :-*

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Today sometimes wished I LIKED football, but that won't change. Of course I could adjust for a party with beverages and party food! I have minimal TV at the house, can't get NBC, so hope to catch Downton Abby, my soap.

applestar
Mod

LOL football must be the farthest activity from Lindsay's mind!
Enjoy these months -- you KNOW what's ahead of you. :wink:

I've been banished from the TV room -- I keep wanting to TALK. :lol:

...let's see... I checked on my hot pepper babies and one of them germinated :-()
I wanted to uppot some of the cabbages and tatsoi/pak choi but I have an injury on my leg that's making things awkward so I limited myself to just looking at them.

I started the eggplants, including three varieties from saved seeds that I have no idea what to expect since it's so difficult to bring eggplant fruits to complete maturity here.

I want to see the commercials but I can't sit still for the football game in between, so I'll just look them up on YouTube or something later. :P

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Mockingbird checking in earlier on game and party time. Kitty food may be desired party snack.
Attachments
IMG_20150201_133105_112.jpg
IMG_20150201_133105_112.jpg (49.73 KiB) Viewed 584 times

tomc
Super Green Thumb

The game was close and fairly exciting. Still, five hours of pre-game?

Having lived just down the road from Gillette stadium, thats a better team than in the seventies and eighties.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Who called that stupid pass? It must have been a politician!

tomc
Super Green Thumb

There years (not games or plays) when the Pats would stomp front ranked teams by fourty points, and loose to the 1 and 12, teams by fourty points. I'll repeat. When the Pats played six and seven, and were however slightly better than 50% that whole year was counted as a winning season.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

I watched some of the Kitten Bowl and ate coconut milk ice cream, then fell asleep on the couch with the bowl still in my hands! Woke up to the sound of Man playing Destiny, and cat (sensitive tummy cat) cleaning the ice cream bowl.

LIVIN THE DREAM!

I think I'm gonna plant some seeds this coming weekend! :) (Hahahahahaha.....no really!)

catgrass
Green Thumb

I enjoy pre-game shows, but I do agree-5 hours is a bit too much! Didn't watch all of the game-up until halft time, and then the last quarter-which was real good! I don't know who plans the half time shows, but they seem to get worse and worse, though this wasn't "too" bad, and the commercials stunk, too.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”