Susan W
Greener Thumb

elm tree bye bye

This is what's left of elm grew a metal branch. Top turns.
Attachments
IMG_20141229_150848_233.jpg

tomf
Super Green Thumb

You got me stumped.
I like metal Yard art.
I have been digging a bunch of stumps out with the backhoe, trees that the stumps have had time to rot a bit come out much easier.

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Tom, I am in an urban setting and getting a tree out means calling the pros. Fortunately for me the side street provided their staging operations of crane, chipper, and other equipment. When the arborist-estimator came asked about the stump. I see no reason to remove, and said about 3', level for a bird bath.
Fast forward, crew is here, within a few hrs had lifted, cut etc the tree out. I noticed main chain saw guy come back and try to level stump. The lead guy came over to talk through the finishing. I brought the metal piece over and set up. He looked, and smiled. One son (the metal-blacksmith-artist) had made it for me a few yrs back and it didn't have a good home. All is well there, and have more sun for growing things! BTW, as you know metals, focus-zoom in on the top blade. That's some nice work!
Thanks for looking!

tomf
Super Green Thumb

It is nice when you can get something that is worth having or made by an artist, most of the stuff the stores sell is not what I would want.
I do plan to get some wielding gear and make my own art some day. I have made some art from old farm equipment, I also collect old farm equipment.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”