applestar
Mod

Re: Manga/Anime recommendations

Sometimes I wonder about myself. Full grown grown-up, and I can still get hooked on kids' shows.

Latest is Kamen Rider OOO (oh's). These shows have opening and ending theme songs, and sometimes I get hooked on those, too. But many of the lyrics that have been previously translated are hard to sing to because in order to make them singable in English, you have to consider how to change the syllabic cadence and try different words to fit the translation AND the music -- Then I HAVE to translate them to MY satisfaction so I could SING them :lol: . :oops: Yes, me singing these is a sight to see and hear. But I can't seem to get them out of my head until I can actually sing them, then translate and sing them. :>

I did one for Black Butler, too -- Lacrimosa -- and for Bleach, I translated Change!, but I can't seem to find that one. oh well.

Kuroshitsuji II -- Lacrimosa
By Kalafina

Kalafina - Lacrimosa - Live Japan Expo 2014 Paris

https://youtu.be/ArrhlsK2eLk

(Sing-able Translation from Japanese lyrics to English by Applestar)

Hiding in the depths, entwined in the dark
Are the Future and Despair.
Sadness will be exposed when the
Moon shines her cold light.

The secrets you gave me
are signs to guide the ways through
The indigo nights and the silent days

Lacrimosa
Far away, shattered, and disappeared.
I want to ... love that
... blinding world once again.

Bottom of my eyes hide
My dreams to wait for the tainted heart
On which the tears to ...
come falling down.

Fae lamps of the carriage glow
Pushing aside the darkness, to the light.
Dreams like traps tempt us all to
Join the burning lights.

To the pitiless gods in the
skies above will not reach
No matter how you shout or scream
Lacrimosa…

We will catch alight like pyre ablaze
Hot and wild and someday our flames will
Burn through the heavens

L'acrimosa
Here we're born and felled. I want to love
this blood soaked world -- without fear.
Not forgiven but by
forgiving and by believing,
On this tainted earth,
Counting the
tearfilled days.

---

[WMusic] Kamen Rider OOO - Time judged all(vietsub)

https://youtu.be/spZadRXqwHQ

-(Sing-able Translation from Japanese lyrics to English by Applestar Aug.11, 2017)-

Time judged all

Performed by: (Hino Eiji×Ankh ― Watanabe Shuu×Miura Ryousuke)
5th Ending Theme of: Kamen Rider OOO

Der Schnittpunkt von zwei Wünsche
-(The intersection of two desires)-
Eine Leistung von zwei Wünsche
(The power of two desires) 

Time judged all Ta・Ja・Dor Ta・Ja・Dor

-(Here and there desires are scattered everywhere)-
-(Gather them all so I can get what I am wishing for)-
-(Everybody's being pushed around, losing their freedom)-

-(My purpose to achieve it I'll do whatever's necessary)-
-(Why did our paths cross? Awakening from a long sleep?)-
-(There's no time to think, no time to wonder -- someone is calling)-

-(Time judged all: Destinies crossing at "THIS" moment)-
-(Time judged all: To the skies fl•y up on high)-

-(The flame held in my heart, burns through the darkness)-
-(A miraculous power manifests right here)-

Ta・Ja・Dor Ta・Ja・Dor
(Der Schnittpunkt von zwei Wünsche)
Time judged all

Ta・Ja・Dor Ta・Ja・Dor

-(Isn't it true? Everyone wants only what he wants for himself?)-
-(That's not true, I want know how to live without regret)-

-(Opposing wishes we have, but here in the same place)-
-(we fight off the same darkness, open the way for to•morrow)-

-(Time judged all: Destinies once they begin to spin)-
-(Time judged all: Nothing will sto•p them until the end)-

-(The 2 wishes, head-to-head, striking against each other)-

-(Ah, endless time has passed and now,
so that there will never be another regret)-
-(More endless than the great skies,
With this power stand and fight)-

Fly up TaJaDor! 

-(Time judged all: Destinies crossing at "THIS" moment)-
-(Time judged all: To the skies fly up o•n high)-

-(Time judged all: Destinies once they begin to spin)-
-(Time judged all: Nothing will sto•p them until the end)-

-(We got them back let our, medals take a-wing)-

Ta・Ja・Dor Ta・Ja・Dor
Time judged all

Ta・Ja・Dor Ta・Ja・Dor

Time judged all!

ID jit
Green Thumb
Location: SE New England: zone twilight or 5b... hard for me to tell some days.

Is Shonen Knife next?

applestar
Mod

Oh whew! I had no idea what that was. Maybe there's hope for me yet.... :>

ID jit
Green Thumb
Location: SE New England: zone twilight or 5b... hard for me to tell some days.

applestar wrote:Oh whew! I had no idea what that was. Maybe there's hope for me yet.... :>
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Be careful, they are addictive.

applestar
Mod

I found a funny video clip from a Black Butler musical. In the musical version of the Noah’s Ark Circus, the detectives play the comedic relief, and this is from a scene when they are interviewing Snake, and trying to get him to identify himself.

Snake is quiet, reserved, timid, and disinclined to speaking, but when he does speak, it is usually to relay information from one of his snakes. Snake is capable of understanding snakes and allows them to speak through him. He has at least nine snakes: Wordsworth, Emily, Goethe, Oscar, Wilde, Webster, Bronte, Donne, and Keats.[3]
(Snake | Kuroshitsuji Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia https://kuroshitsuji.fandom.com/wiki/Snake)

My name is Snake....says Oscar

Here’s a clip of his performance
Kuromyu~ Musical Noah's Ark Circus "Snake's Song"

applestar
Mod

スケスケなバケツとねこ。-Transparent bucket and Maru.-

imafan26
Mod

I have been addicted to watching chinese historical dramas. I especially like the xanxia and wuxia ones. Many of the web series and tv series are either based on novels which are loosely based on the lives past emperors, generals, consorts and legendary beings. Some of the stories are based on legends like the tale of the mountain and the sea or white snake. Others are actually based on games and some of the novels were written for adaptation into a series like Nirvana in Fire 2. Many of the series are based on popular novels. Some of the stories are kind of ripoffs of other stories like game of thrones or Lord of the rings. One that recently finished that was not promoted much but gained a wide following was called the Untamed. It is based on a BL Xanxia novel called Mo Dao Zu Shi, translates to Master of Demonic Cultivation.

Mo Dao Zu Shi has multiple anime versions and fan made episodes. It is a BL (boys love ) novel. Gay themes do not fly with Chinese sensors so they changed the premise to a bromance or lifelong friendship instead of a BL love story. The anime version is more like the novel and is more explicit. Some classic scenes were kept in the live action series. The stars of Chinese series are often very young or idols. ( Usually singers and dancers) Untamed stars Xiao Zhan , a singer from XNine and Wang Yibo, primarily a dancer but also a singer from the Korean boy group UNIQ. Xiao Zhan had to do most of the heavy lifting since he had most of the dialogue and Yibo lines were usually "behave ", "Wei Ying" , and "no".

I am binging episodes. The Chinese sensors have placed a ban on the number of historical dramas they are allowing to air, and I am not into most of the silly modern ones with time travel, aliens, mistaken identies, and virtual game themes. So, right now I am re watching the ones I liked and looking at older ones that are available. There are a lot of bad ones out there too, so finding ones that have spent the time to produce a quality production (with less foam and unrealistic props, bad dubbing), good story telling, and actors who don't look so bored all the time is sometimes a challenge.

K dramas are also good. But I like the Chinese cinematography better. I am also trying to learn Chinese through the songs and the series. Mandarin is very hard to learn. English sentence structure is actually very different from most languages and the rules are very different. Mandarin does not have an alphabet like Korean or Japanese. It is a tonal language and the same word romanized can have different pronunciations and meanings. Good thing some words like ai, has the same character and meaning in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. I finally understood a whole sentence in Mandarin "Zhuhe xiao xiong di" without needing to look at the translation. I still have to work on what I am hearing in terms of the tones and the pronunciation. I can count up to 1000. The number characters are easier for me to remember since they are the same in Japanese which I did take in high school, but I don't remember most of the Kanji I learned. I have learned a few words that are used frequently and can recognize some of the Kanji, but I cannot always write them with all of the strokes in the right order.

It is kinda fun to learn a different language. Although I don't have a real talent for it, and I doubt I will learn enough to be useful, it does keep my mind active. At my age, I need to exercise my brain so to keep it from turning to mush.

applestar
Mod

Do you remember this?
applestar wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:37 pm
スケスケなバケツとねこ。-Transparent bucket and Maru.-

https://youtu.be/JlkY_sLDZo4
Latest feat —
ついに”猫は液体”を完全に証明してしまったねこ。-Maru finally completely proved that "cats are liquid".-
https://youtu.be/K3TgLNnJwjY

…I wish I had a video of my first cat doing something similar as a kitten … :lol:

webmaster
Site Admin

This isn't anime but it is Japanese. They're called Wagakki Band and their music is a lot fun. 😃

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”