Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Does anyone know anything about Thrush!

I think I have it and will be to the doctor on Monday! Its always something! What over the counter product works for it? People with dentures also get from what I have read!

applestar
Mod

Well, all I know is that thrush is an yeast infection. Candida is what it's called I think. It's a normal part of human biology, but can "bloom" into excessive overgrowth that can cause symptoms. Some people are more sensitive.

Hmmm... Remembering more..... I believe sometimes the overgrowth is a result of imbalance in the co-existing symbiotic flora/fauna due to treatments like anti-biotics or excessive consumption of sweets which feeds the yeast. Not maintaining the gut with pro-biotics consumption....

Hope you feel better soon!

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I feel good but my mouth has all this white coating in it like I painted it white. I worked in a real dirty Chinese restaurant this past week. I put a carpet down that was taken out from another Chinese restaurant that I put down 16 years ago. It was filthy . I got this at the same time line but I do not thin it was from that! The dust particles may have helped cause the reaction.

imafan26
Mod

It is a common infection of babies and people with compromised immune systems. It is usually treated with an oral solution to swish and swallow. Normally there are millions of bacteria, yeast, fungi and other stuff that live in and on the body. If the body is healthy , we hardly notice them. Yeast are usually food for bacteria and if you have been taking antibiotics for an extended period, then the bacteria will die off and the yeast will grow.

It probably wouldn't hurt to brush your teeth and rinse your mouth out with a salt solution after eating to keep food particles from feeding the yeast.

BTW not all bacteria are bad. They actually help keep worse things from coming around by competing with them and you do need a certain amount of gut bacteria to synthesize Vitamin B and Vitamin K as well as metabolize some bile acids, and sterols.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Went to Doctor today and she gave me a antifungal mouth wash to take 4 times a day for 14 days. It cost $160 and I am not sure when I want to use it because of the possible side effects. I am going to stick with vinegar and baking soda for a few more days!

imafan26
Mod

The antifungal works best and will be the easiest way to treat the infection. It doesn't taste very good but it works.

You can try eating more acidophilus milk or yogurt, it should help too, that and staying away from sweets and sodas.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Well today was a big change. Listen to this story. I ask for generic so they reordered what to give and it was still $112 but I decided to see another doctor! I went to a friend that I played softball with. I talked and told him I had white things in the back of my throat for two days and when I checked my root of my mouth it was all white. He looked with his light and said its not white at all. He said your throat area was red and you may have had some dust case the small white fuzz hanging down but they are gone. I showed him my light which was the kind that has all the small bulbs in it and it showed all white. He said I was fine but may have some candida in my insides and gave me a 5 days of pills twice a day. It cost me $12 and I was back to normal after all that tenseness . I really feel lucky. Its best to get a second opinion since the other place did not even look at my problem just guessed! I will sleep good tonight! Anyone here that has false teeth take one of those new lights and shine it into your mouth and the roof of your mouth will look very white & it will scare you!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”