CookieCrisp

Groups?

Is there a spot on here on the forums that people from commons areas can post to each other? Example, a Texas group?

applestar
Mod

We don't have regional group sub forums, but we discuss gardening issues across the globe anyway. :D

What did you want to talk about?

webmaster
Site Admin

We encourage people to list their hardiness zone in their profile so it shows up under the part that says Location. The encouragement is in the welcome email every new member receives. This allows members from all geographic locations to give more accurate advice.

The geographic location is less important than the expertise in cultivating a particular type of plant. For example, a question about tomato starts has a better chance of being answered in a Tomato forum than it does in a Texas forum because someone with Tomato interest is likelier to be found in a Tomato Forum.

That said we are always interested in ways to improve the forum. The forum has grown largely due to the feedback given to us by the members. ;)

CookieCrisp

Applestar- you're funny. I have what I think is a morning glory growing. It's wild. It just started growing and I put a trellis up and it's huge now. It's still dark out but I'll get pictures. :)

Webmaster- I didn't think about it that way. :)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Personally I've always thought it would be helpful to have groups like that or at least Southern Gardeners. The issues and problems, seasons, timing are very different. But I've suggested it a number of times and always been turned down. Oh well. Look for posts from marlingardener. She's a moderator here and is in TX. Or put Texas in the search function and it will show you posts from people in TX or people talking about TX. It's a work around.

And welcome to the Forum! Glad you found us.

Watch out for your morning glory. Very pretty, but it is related to bind weed and can become invasive.

CookieCrisp

Thank you! :)

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”