tomf
Super Green Thumb

Wasps!

I just went out while they were still in the nests and sprayed 7 wasp nests on my house. We have over hangs that they love to build nests under and every year it is a fight to keep them from over running the place. This is one of the maybe only thing I use poison for, but it has to be done. I did a walk around yesterday so that I would know where to spray today but I still did not see some of the nests; it is sort of a big house at 4600Sq' so there is a lot of places for the wasps to build nests. I can work in the garden next to bees and they never bother me, but wasps are not so nice. I know that wasps have their place, just not on my house.

imafan26
Mod

Wasps are out everywhere now. I have gotten stung and it is hard because they expect you to see them, and they don't give any warning. At least the bees will buzz first to let you know you are getting too close.

DDMcKenna

What kind of wasp spray do you use? We have the same issue here in Florida and those suckers can get huge. I have to admit I am a bit afraid of them and when I target a nest for spraying, I usually hit it and run for the house because it seems like one of two of them always come out to defend their territory.

DDMcKenna

THANK You!

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I have tried a few sprays, one I can not think of the name claims to be safe, but I just got some from Ace this time.
I found 2 more nests, today I was picking berries and bees were near me but they do not bother you if you do not bother them.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Found more nests, one in the greenhouse and one on a ladder near the greenhouse, this is war! I killed 12 nests so far.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

So far this year I have not been stung, knock on wood!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”