applestar
Mod

LUNAR ECLIPSE TONIGHT (LAST night now)

Starting around 12:55 AM EDT (Eastern Time)
Beginning at 12:55am and lasting almost till dawn, a blood red moon will color the southwestern sky tonight—weather permitting.

...The total eclipse starts at 3:08am and lasts through 4:23, with the peak—the deepest darkest red with the earth’s shadow in the center of the moon—happening at 3:46am.

https://hiddencityphila.org/2014/04/toni ... l-weather/
Unfortunately the weather doesn't look good for us here. Moon visible through fragments of cloud cover ATM, but rain system moving in and probably obscuring.

Hope others have better luck! :D

imafan26
Mod

Thanks for reminding me. It should show up between 9:07 and 10:25 pm tonight in Hawaii if I can stay awake. That is past my usual bed time.

Right now there are a lot of clouds with patches of sky there is hope.

applestar
Mod

applestar
Mod

At 10 minutes to 1 o'clock, we could see the moon... Then it clouded over. :evil:

I set the alarm and woke up at 2AM and 3AM, but nope. Besides, in this cookie cutter development house with typical design of minimal number of windows on the sides (1 on NW side -- though that's my spiral garden watching window -- and 2 on the SW side -- one badly situated for viewing the moon and one completely blocked by plants....) it was impossible to see and I was not up to getting dressed and going outside when it looked cloudy and threatening rain.

I was soooo sleepy too -- it's been a long time since I've had to get up every hour during the night. :lol:

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

yeah, no joy here, either. Totally cloudy/ rainy/ snowy. Next chance is in October, when there are more often clear skies.

applestar
Mod

This is OT but I was watching the path of that snowy system and thinking that it was closely following the demarcation of Sugar Maple tree growing regions.... We are south of that line and, yeah, no snow here.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Interesting... yes, we are on the other side of that line and do grow sugar maple here. One year my Quaker Meeting tapped our own sugar maple trees and made our own maple syrup, by hand over a fire (boil and stir, feed the fire, boil and stir, feed the fire ... all day).

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”