MB3

Re: Bad cough for 3 weeks now ! What works?

the fruits got me thinking
do watch sugar intake, as it turns acidic in the system, leeches magnesium and calcium, and also causes major amounts of mucus.
whole fruits are good, of course, but all things within reason. try to avoid lots of fruit juice, or especially processed foods and sugars! Try to eat more greens and whole foods.

one more suggestion, is to try to get some chlorophyll. the BEST liquid chlor. extract on the market is called ChlorOxygen by Herbs, etc. It really helps my asthma and other breathing issues. Thiss product tastes pretty good, which cannot necessarily be said of all chlor. products, but this stuff is really awesome.
You may also consider some alfalfa tablets. not as effective, but still a good super green.

Taiji
Greener Thumb
Location: Gardening in western U.P. of MI. 46+ N. lat. elev 1540. zone 3; state bird: mosquito

Not to belabor the point :) , but most people don't drink enough water. Even I sometimes forget! First thing I do in the morning is drink a tall glass of water.
If I feel something coming on, or just don't feel quite right, I have a Chinese medicine called Banlangen Keli. I believe in English it is know as Isatis root/leaves. Now I order it thru Ebay from China. It has never failed to knock out whatever is coming on for me. Everyone in China knows about this. Some people take it just as a tea even if they feel fine. Once my mom had a case of bronchitis that would not go away for weeks. After taking the medicine, the bronchitis went in about 2 days. Did the Banlangen do it, well, we'll never know for sure, but maybe.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Drinking lots of water. Still coughing when I talk. I read that marshmallows are good to eat since it coats the throat! Got some peppermint tea!Thanks!

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Well Bobberman, I have that cough too. It has lessened now I'm drinking more, I do forget to drink enough each day, its not completely gone.
A thimble of brandy has helped by warming the bronchial area.

Slowing down the mucous production is the goal, as it takes the wrong path while we sleep. Datura, just the smallest amount, helps containing ,Atropine sulfate , I'm not perscribing, I had it growing on a property, the people who rented the place dug it up, not wanting their horse to get it.

Good luck, do keep in touch, and update.

Richard

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I have no congestion just a bad cough especially when I talk! I have been drinking hot tea with honey. It also said to take hot baths several times a day!

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

I think I have no congestion ether, the water from the well here is so cold it's hard to drink. I'll have to fill a jug and let it warm to room temperature. Lets see what we find works best.

Richard

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”