tomf
Super Green Thumb

Re: The epic battle of the catnip shrub!!!

It sounds like you have a Garfield cat.
There is a lake I sometimes go to where they have mint farms all around it. You can smell the mint, and when the harvest it, WOW!

Cola82
Green Thumb

From what I'm reading, it sounds like you just need to unleash a few cats on your yard if you want to get rid of it. D:

Sweyn

Has anyone here tried Matatabi (Actinidia Polygama)? It's a kind of Japanese Catnip but, more powerful than normal Catnip. It's also known as Silvervine and is edible for cats.

For those who are unfamiliar with it, there are videos of cats going crazy for it, on youtube.

Cola82
Green Thumb

Maybe that would be the ticket to get my cats to do more than eat it quietly and go about their business as though nothing had happened.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

I have been away from the site for awhile and just saw your post. LMFAO I have grown catnip for my cats in the past. Not recently. Cat nip and my cats did provide me with hours of laughter. "This is your cat on drugs". I hesitate to introduce catnip to my girls because my 19 month old is a real spaz cat - as in literally bounces off of the walls crazy. I can not imagine what she would do with catnip. Destroy my house.

Cats with catnip really are hysterically funny.

Thank you for sharing your very funny story.

imafan26
Mod

If you think cats go crazy, try giving some dried catnip to a dog. The dog will growl at you if you try to take it away.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”