tomf
Super Green Thumb

None as good as Charlie's

Every Saturday we get the home and garden section in the news paper, they often have some home remodels in it. Most are done by an architect and or designer. There have been a number of kitchens lately and frankly none compare to the ones I saw from our friend Charlie.

There are some cool gardens posted, but mostly they get with that in the spring and summer, I love looking at this sort of thing and I wish people here would post more photos.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

We just remodeled our house. In the process we did a European shower that has no threshold. It's basically a slight ramp up and down so as to accommodate a wheeled apparatus for rolling a handicapped person in and out. We did a new kitchen, screen porch and deck. I will friend anybody who want's to look on Facebook. I had to delete my photo sharing sight so I can't post pictures here anymore. Send me a PM to arrange FB. I'll eventually get a photo essay up on my blog when time permits. Mom is a bit of a full time job right now. We'll have her settled in soon.

If you're talking about me, I take it as very high praise and I thank you. We were on the cover of a few Women's Day , Metropolitan Home, Better Homes and Gardens and featured in a few more. They were from long ago and not the kitchens have electricity.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Yes it is, and I would love to see your work. It is nice to see what other are doing and I know you are a fine craftsman. I will send you a PM

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I went to your Facebook page, wow you went through the whole house, looks real nice, love the work, cabinets, bathroom, addition, and the wood floors really make the place nice. Oh it was nice to look at your garden, nice. 8)

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Back at you. Man you have a really fine head for design. Your pictures are total eye candy. I see landscape design, welding, old, new and a garden that looks like Mt Hood was put behind it as a tribute. If it's okay with you, we'll put a stop nearby you on our travel itinerary if we ever do another cross country drive. I know we're going to stop and meet Eric's dogs.

I think it's going to take a while to see all the detail in those pictures. I like the pretty girls in interesting places too. May I share a few when I'm particularly blown away?

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I would love it if you stoped by, we have tons of room in the house. Yes share, your do not mind if I share some of you work?

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

share anything you want to. Thank you Marlingardener.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Mr. Charlie if you do come this way there are some very amazing and pretty sights close to our home you would want to see. Will you be in a car or an RV? Ether way is fine, just let us know ahead of time. From the look of all the work you are doing you may not get away for some time, I know how that is.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Some of the local sites.

There are tons of falls in the Columbia Gorge.

A view of the Gorge.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Hood river, lots of fruit grown there.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

The ski area I go to on Mt. Hood; in the summer.

This is not far from my house.

Timberline on Hood in the summer, has historic lodge.
Just some whistle wetting pictures for you.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Tom, we once thought we'd be in an RV but after selling the boat, the lack of constant responsibility has become attractive. We'll be in a car or travel by rail and rent cars. Most likely the former. We bought a new Honda Crosstour that feels like it will be good for travel. We'll remain near the homestead as long as we have mom.

I have put in 8- 10 x 3 foot raised beds to make garden life easier. We'll plant low growers there and things like corn okra, tomatoes and climbers in the big garden. Maybe we can keep going a few more years until our backs revolt.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

We do have extra bed rooms, so no problem. we are a bit stuck at home with Judy's dad, 93 years old.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”