tomf
Super Green Thumb

Who likes home and garden shows?

We went to the Home and Garden Show yesterday, we love this sort of thing. They set up landscapes in one section with different designers competing, many of them are full of ideas one can bring home. There are plant sales, my wife got a hardy Century Plant. There are seed sales, greenhouses, tools, bulbs, stone works and pavers, fences, and you name it, along with demonstrations. There was tons of art for the garden, we got two things. Lots of landscape designers all wanting to do it for you, I like doing my own work as for some reason I find it fun and rewarding, but they had lots of good ideas for me to see. It took us close to five hours to go through it all. I got a ton of reading and contacts for things I may want as well.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Love them. A wonderful place for ideas, new technology, new plant releases and lots of fun stuff. Our Master Gardener Assocation sponsers 2 plant sale a year. the one in the spring is huge. A real show. The Home Builders association has a show each year and there are other shows as well. I love them all.

Jardin du Fort

I both love them and hate them. I love them because there are always great new ideas to try, and sometimes really neat products. I hate them because anything you want there costs more money than I am willing to pay. As a result, we don't go every year. Too much frustration. But I do like to keep abreast on what's going on.....

:)

tomf
Super Green Thumb

ElizabethB wrote:Love them. A wonderful place for ideas, new technology, new plant releases and lots of fun stuff. Our Master Gardener Assocation sponsers 2 plant sale a year. the one in the spring is huge. A real show. The Home Builders association has a show each year and there are other shows as well. I love them all.
We went to the Home Builders Show a few weeks ago, :oops:

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

We've never been to one...ever.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

With spring on the horizon the home and garden and home builder's shows will be kicked up soon. I also like the annual tour of homes. Each room in each home is designed by a different designer. BIG WOW factor. I do understand the frustration factor. I just can not afford a lot of what I see but I do get ideas and I am creative enough to apply what I see to a more economic application.

Love any source of inspiration.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I am with you on that, I kind of think that having someone tell you how to decorate your house is for people with more money than imagination, sorry for sounding snippy.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”