webmaster
Site Admin

My First Noreaster Blizzard

Oh goody. Gassed up the car. Heading for the packy to load up on beer. Good on food and water.

LA47
Green Thumb

It sounds like you are covered for bad weather. Be sure to get enough beer in case it lasts longer than you think. Left overs won't spoil! :D

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Okay now, you only got this once to take so much overt pleasure in a bad storm.

Later, you will find that there is more mileage to be gained by complaining bitterly whenever there is a hint of a snowflake in the air.

Over time, you will learn to hide your pleasure well and not out of any sense of embarrassment or guilt.

Steve :wink:

Susan W
Greener Thumb

That's funny. I have to remind myself of gas in car. Duh! Here, as it snows a bit every winter, mostly stuff that melts on impact there are the routines. Rush to store for milk and bread. They'll empty out the milk and bread shelves. , and beer is still in the cooler. I don't know if this is Memphis, MidSouth or Southern, but sure perplexes the rest of us.

prettygurl

Can you believe that I actually missed blizzards? The North...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Perfect hammer about to strike the anvil...

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/northe ... dar?play=1

1:36 AM EST

webmaster
Site Admin

Ack. Just remembered that it might be a good idea to have pre-cooked food on hand, like an eight piece southern style fried chicken, in case the power goes out. Doh! :?

Ok, I don't think the power will go out but it makes a good excuse to run out and buy some fried chicken for dinner! :lol:

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

That link remains live. It's even more impressive right now. I dumped my web hosting because it seemed to be getting hacked or something. I can't post pictures anymore.

cedillamuerta

I would love to experience a blizzard, but I know I probably wouldn't like it afterward :lol: . If I move up north eventually I'll install an outside door on the second floor so I can be out and about when everyone else is stuck inside.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Long ago when asked how I liked the weather in Northeast Kingdom. I told a native son, I liked it fine cause the weather was better in Northeast Kingdom than back home.

He was so upset with me, that he never spoke to me again.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment. Michael Corleone
prettygurl wrote:Can you believe that I actually missed blizzards? The North...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU
Steve :wink:

lily51
Greener Thumb

Stay warm, stay safe, be smart.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

What is a blizzard? :? IDK. Like temps below 32 degrees? Just kidding. :P Stay safe Roger. :wink:

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

having lived in wisconsin, chicago, and vermont, I do miss blizzards. and snow that sticks in general. and they are fun. the time to be out in them is afterwards, though.

webmaster
Site Admin

True that. Waiting for the wind to die down. Looks to be arbout 15-20 MPH wind. I got about two feet of snow. Closer to the coast they got snow and rain. I got the funtime fluffy stuff. Neighborhood kids are rejoicing, planning to get out the sleds.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

it looks like you got 2 to 3 feet of snow, my mom who lives in the North Shore in Saugus said her car was covered in snow. How much did you get? Wish we would get 3 feet on Mt. Hood, but not at my house,LOL.
When I was a kid back in mass I love the snow storms as us kids would make snow forts and play on the sled hill.

webmaster
Site Admin

I got just around two feet of snow. It's light fluffy snow so it was relatively easy to shovel out a path. I'm about to go out again and shovel a path out to the side of the house so my kid and her friend can sled down the hill into our backyard. The winds have died down and the sun is out. Overall I'd say we got off easy. No high winds, light fluffy snow.

applestar
Mod

Have fun playing in the snow and/or watching your daughter play in the snow! :D

tomf
Super Green Thumb

As an older kid I would go out snow shoveling and made some good money off of storms. Then after my dad got a snow blower I could get our house done fast and do a lot more driveways.

I had to plow the road at our house here in the hills of Oregon once this year, not so bad with a tractor, but a 1/2 mile long road would be a bit much by hand. :roll:

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”