Mr_bobo_

That's very nice... well when you will have at home all the time...
...you can planing some travel adventure...
...visit Versailles in France for example... hehe...

(if you not so far)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Congratulations! Keep us posted on how it goes... :) My partner retires after 40+ years of school teaching at the end of this school year. I'm looking forward to it, but wonder a little about all the time together... Fortunately, I still work half time, so I will still have somewhere to go.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Good for him, I want to as well but I have years to go yet. it looks like he will find plenty to do. I feel there always plenty of thing to do when you have an active mind.

Dillbert
Greener Thumb

>>(Check back with me in two weeks . . . .)

booming voice of experience speaking . . .
if that 'problem' takes two weeks to surface, you'll be good forever (g)

congrats! and obtw - do toss all the baggage and re-learn 'adjusting' - it ain't necessarily easy but re-learning to date vs being-long-married is actually quite rewarding . . . it's a second honey-moon without all the legal expense!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

tomf wrote:Good for him, I want to as well but I have years to go yet. it looks like he will find plenty to do. I feel there always plenty of thing to do when you have an active mind.
She

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/v ... hp?t=49785

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

MG, I never quite retired. Some of my old bosses might have said that I never quite went to work either :D .

I guess I'm finally accepting the fact that it will only be not being able to do diddly that will put an end to what I, at least, see as productive puttering. I'm sure it has been awhile since anyone would have thought I was worth hiring but, still . . .

My Dad said that when he retired he would travel, hunt, fish, take a nap every afternoon, go camping, etc., etc. Of course, you know what he did? He took a nap every afternoon. He had just about a year with staying close to his LazyBoy so that he could seize the opportunity and became one cranky old goat. Then . . . he went back to work.

It was only a part-time job with an old friend and he was off thru the winter. It took a couple more years before he "learned" how to be retired. I'd like to pretend that I know how but haven't proved it to anybody yet. Oh and, Dad will be 95 next month and is officially both tired & retired.

Steve

LA47
Green Thumb

DH retired 10 years ago then spent the next 8 years working part time and off in the winters. He finally fully retired a year ago. It has been an easy transition for us. He is still very active and is often in his shop for hours while I dink around in the house or yard. We do a lot of things together and almost always are together if we leave the house but we each have our 'own space' and do our 'own thing' too. It is so nice to be able to pick up and go camping when we want or take a vacation, visit the kids, etc. The only thing that ties us down is our gardens so we can't leave over 4 or 5 days during the growing season but we don't mind as that is our main hobby. I thought it would be harder as he was in construction and was gone so much of the time. We are enjoying our retirement!

tomf
Super Green Thumb

One of best ski buddies and friends retired this fall and I am so jealous.
Last edited by tomf on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

She
Yes her too, I think rainbow could keep 3 clones of her self active.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Time for a CRUISE :!: Treat youself and your loved one to wonderful experiece. Celebrate your new found freedom with a Caribean Cruise. I like Norwegion because it is free style cruising - no set dinner seatings - make your reservations for when and where you want. You can easily sail out of Galveston or NOLA. The BEST gift you can give each other to celebrate your new life style with a cruise. Word of warning - you will get hooked on cruising.

Best of luck to you both.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”