Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Maybe the sun is getting cold!

tomf
Super Green Thumb

It will run out of hydrogen in about 4.5 billion years but for now it is relitivly the same, with some natural variations. The light we see may have been started a very long time ago and been working its way to the surface of the sun. Light is made when electrons skip to the next ring of an atom, this is ionization. The electron jump creates a photon wave, this is what light is. Each ring has a different energy level and each element has a different number of rings. As each ring has different energy level the freqency of the light is different, meaning the color we see is different. We can tell what some thing that is glowing and giving off light is by the bands of colors of the light. This is how we know what distant stars are made of. Where I work we need to know the exact formulary for our metals is being followed, so we test samples with a spectrometer, it heats the metals up and shows what the atoms in it are by displaying them in a band of colors.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

There are probably more dangers on earth than from outer space!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Good thing I chekced this thread. Or else I might not have known I was arleady dead.

Thank you.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Maybe this is really judgement day and they are reviewing your life!

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Please don't feed the trolls.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”