ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

STOMP

I have been feeling very punnie the last few days and have been hibernating in bed with a book. I had tickets for STOMP last night. I have seen the show before which is why I drug myself out of bed and ventured out into a very stormy night. Coughed, sneezed and blew my nose all through the show which I am sure the people around me did not appreciate. I am SOO glad I went. :!: What an amazing invigorating performace. It was a sold out show. Absolutely incredible. If you EVER have the opportunity to see this show - please do so. Guys gals - doesn't matter - you will totally enjoy the amazing routines. Making music with no musical instruments.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Have to look for it sometime, I've never seen it.

In the meantime your spelling of puny reminded me of an old line:

If I were pun-I-shed, for every pun I shed, I wouldn't have a puny shed, in which to lay my punished head.

So you were feeling punny! :) (and puny)

(I almost never correct anyone's spelling or typos, I just liked this one! :) )

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Thanks Rainbow - do look for the show - totally awesome. My only complaint about the forum is no spell checker - or have I missed it? The funny thing is that I love language but my spelling is extremely bad. Missed something in grammer school.

LA47
Green Thumb

I hope you get to feeling better soon, ElizabethB. I can really sympathize as I'm on my 3rd day of the old fashioned flu. Starting to feel slightly better. Yuk!
Sounds like a nice show. I'm glad you enjoyed it but hope you don't get any sicker from your excursion.

Jardin du Fort

Elizabeth,

Spell checker only works if the word you spell is NOT a word. If it is the WRONG word, spell checker won't notice, and is no help.

:lol:

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

We do have spell check though, at least we do on my computer. If I type arouound, a little red line appears under it in the window, alerting me to the fact that it is spelled wrong. Punnie would have had a line like that, since it is not an actual word (it is red underlined as I type it now). Those lines disappear when you hit submit, they are only present when what you type is still in draft form.

applestar
Mod

STOMP is great though I've only seen videos not actual performance.

I bet you would also like KODO drummers. I've seen them live twice... Three times? In between their US tours, we go watch/hear three local groups in the tri-state area that perform at various summer festivals though far from KODO caliber of course.

Oh wow, thanks for the reminder they're coming this way! :-()
https://www.kodo.or.jp/oet/oet2013b_en.html

lorax
Greener Thumb

Another one to watch out for, although I don't know that they tour outside of Canada, is KITA-NO-TAIKO. Absolutely amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lavx0e_KfwY

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Brooms is the typical opening act. Comparing the video to a live performance is like comparing plastic fruit to the real thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CEwnXt-zk4

A MUST SEE if you ever have the opportunity.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”