tomf
Super Green Thumb

Any one have an iPad?

What is a good word program for it? What programs do you like and why?

webmaster
Site Admin

You can use a web app like this that will allow you to use OpenOffice. It's not available on iPad or Nexus tablets at this time, afaik.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

There's an app called Pages that my friend uses on her iPad. She's required to present her material in Word, which doesn't work on iPad but Pages converts to Word easily she says. I've never used it on mine so can't offer any detail in its use.

Please forgive any typos. I'm having vision problems.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I got Pages, it works much like MS Office. I got a few music and video Apps, starting with the Apple Apps. Netflix, One called Art Set lets me paint on the pad, I got a few games like angry Birds.
I plan to use the iPad for some mobile recording and video, I like to record nature sounds and sound effects for my movies.
I have been using the iPad to go on line so I do not have to turn on my power hungry computer system and I can save the computer for doing music, video and art.
What I love is how fast it comes on line and how handy it is.
I got a wireless B.T. keyboard with it, I highly recommend getting a wireless keyboard.
Last edited by tomf on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I think Pages is what a lot of people use, that I have seen. Don't have one myself.

Welcome back, Kisal! You are such a trooper. You apologize for typos due to your vision problems and yet you have NO typos. Those of us without your struggles don't do as well! :)

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Rainbow you just made me realize my bad manners, welcome back Kisal and thanks for the tip, After reading your post I looked it up and decided it was the one to get.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Thank you! I love you all. I spent a month in the hospital during which I was mostly unconscious. Then I spent a month in a rehab facility, where I had to learn to sit up and stand up again, and finally walk somewhat. I just got home from the rehab facility yesterday, and I can walk a bit with a walker, but I'm not very steady on my feet. I use the wheelchair more than the walker.

My vision is messed up, and I get dizzy a lot, plus I'm very weak still. I don't hear very well. (I'm basically deaf as a post. :roll: :lol: )

But I check the forum when I can, and if I feel up to it, I try to post something.

Take care, everyone! :D

applestar
Mod

:-() Hi Kisal :-()

:D (Waving madly with one hand, blowing kisses with the other) :D

I didn't comment even though I do use an iPad because mine is a 1st gen pre-order model and has its limitations. I use it primarily for email and web browsing, calendar, weather, e-books and PDF downloads. I have Pages but haven't used it to full capability. I do use Numbers and Mariner Calc. Will list others if interested, but there are many I haven't tried.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

I have an ipod touch and I recently downloaded an app called pinger.exe . It is basically a free phone. They give you 70 mins free and if you want to get additional mins it is pretty cheap. However, watching a very short commercial/video earns you 2 free mins. And you can keep watching over and over.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Apple star what do you use Numbers for?
I am looking at some kind of audio recording interface right now so that I can do feild recording.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”