rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

ZiCam works for me too or other Zinc/Vitamin C lozenges.

When I said my mom disappeared with a bottle, I didn't mean that she drank the whole bottle. Probably a couple shots worth and then put the bottle away for next time. She never drank any other time.

But yeah, even though I grew up seeing her do it, I don't.
Twitter account I manage for local Sierra Club: https://twitter.com/CherokeeGroupSC Facebook page I manage for them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/65310596576/ Come and find me and lots of great information, inspiration

Jeremy brua

I have done it quite a few times and it works for me. If I have a cold I drink southern comfort mixed with hot tea and honey. If I have the flue I drink tequela(sp) and lime. The trick is drinking enough fote it's close to a 1/5. If I just feel kind of crappy I drink beer with bloody mary mix.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Of course we all know that alcohol is no "cure" Taken in moderation with hot tea, honey and asprin provides a nice placebo effect. Also helps you sleep. When I have a "Hot Toddy" I know darn good and well there there is no real medicinal effect except maybe the crushed asprin. Other than that it is a "feel good". Yes alcohol in excess is a real killer but in moderation - no big harm.

Snifff - snifff - Is that a cold I feel coming on :?: Naw just foolin.
Elizabeth - or Your Majesty

Living and growing in Lafayette, La.

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

When I get sick I eat citrus fruit, drink teas, and eat lots of probiotic foods and drinks. I make sauerkraut as well as water kefir often so it keeps me pretty healthy.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

ElizabethB wrote:Of course we all know that alcohol is no "cure" Taken in moderation with hot tea, honey and asprin provides a nice placebo effect. Also helps you sleep. When I have a "Hot Toddy" I know darn good and well there there is no real medicinal effect except maybe the crushed asprin. Other than that it is a "feel good". Yes alcohol in excess is a real killer but in moderation - no big harm.

Snifff - snifff - Is that a cold I feel coming on :?: Naw just foolin.
To think, a woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her. ~ W. C. Fields

Steve's digits :)
We are each other's harvest; we are each other's business; we are each other's magnitude and bond. ~ Gwendolyn Brooks

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Digits LMFAO
Elizabeth - or Your Majesty

Living and growing in Lafayette, La.

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”