tomf
Super Green Thumb

I am sad today, cat died last night.

One of our cats that we had 16 years had to be put to sleep last night as she started to suffer to much. We were told last winter that this cat may not live more than two weeks as her kidneys were at 25%, but she held on until last night. We did all we could to keep her alive and not suffering but she was at her end, and I could not stand to see her in so much pain. :(

applestar
Mod

So sad to hear of your loss. :cry:

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Tom - SOO :cry: sorry :!: At 59 years old I am a life time humble human servant to cats. I have been there more than once and it never gets easier.

Three years go Pepper had to be put down at 17 years old. Kidney failure. That was on a Friday. We left the next day for a 4 day trip to San Antonio. When we got home my 10 year old - obese - male cat Bandit had died while we were gone. Oh how I cried. August 2011 My 19 year old Callie died from cancer in my arms. In February our 22 year old Patches died in G's arms. We now have Sallie Sue - a 15 month old abandoned kitten from a feral mom. Bottle fed her from 3 weeks old every 4 hours 24/7 for 4 weeks. We also have Daisy Faye - a 9 month old barn cat that was the runt of the litter and having trouble competing with her litter mates for food. Bottle fed her for 2 weeks. The only relief from my grief of losing a much loved kitty is to give that love forward to a new one. We have a pet cemetary in our back yard - including a very sweet mutt that we had for many years as well as the cats.

Morn your baby then send that love forward to another orphan.

So sorry for your loss. I adore my girls - both spayed and both strictly indoor cats.

They are so spoiled. We make their food. They are the craziest, funiest girls imaginable.

They can be a total pain in the a but we don't care. We are their humble human servants.

Dillbert
Greener Thumb

Tom -

I'm so sorry to hear - I've been a cat person since I could toddle.

lost my Bunny (he hopped like a rabbit) a bit back - slept next to my pillow for 18 years. no, the grief does not evaporate, it is only less painful with time.

LA47
Green Thumb

I'm sorry about the loss of your very loved pet. I know how you feel and, as Dillbert said, only time will make it less painful. Try to remember the good times. :cry:

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I love cats also. My favorite at last year was sleeping when three pit bulls came into the yard and killed her. I was really mad and lucky I was not there at the time! I tolorate dogs and like some but cats are my favorite! If you have 5 cats they are all different just like people!

Susan W
Greener Thumb

It is hard to lose a pet. I find the most difficult times, or perhaps when I smile, is coming into the house and Kitty isn't there to greet me, or sleeping in one of her fave places (kitties sleep alot!).

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Sorry to hear Tom. Pets are family.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Hey Tom - just checking on you. How are you doing?

webmaster
Site Admin

Sorry to hear about your cat. I had to do the same for my little hero a three years ago who was suffering from a kidney ailment too. Most cats don't ask for much but they sure give back a lot.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I doing ok, thanks for asking. It was a long time coming so I was sort of prepared knowing we did all we could to give her some more time.

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

tomf.....Also sorry to hear of your loss. Pets really are family as CharlieMV says. Hopefully you will feel a bit better soon.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”