Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I want to appear on Shark Tank my favorite program!

Mark Cuban is from the pItts burgh area like me. After 20 years with my patented bobber I am ready for shark tank! Has anyone here been on there! Any suggections how to get on there? I bet a good gardening Idea would be great on there!
+++
I would love to be a Billion Air and help inventors! I see people on there that have not even sold any of their product. It seems that patents are important to them. The lady from QVC has bought over 100 patents! Its on tonight 9 pm friday in Pa. channel 4! I have one of the best fishing products in the last 100 years and can't even get into Dicks in the pittsburgh area WHY? The reason I need Shark Tank connections!

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

The first thing you have to do is patent your design. Otherwise some one else will copy it and sell it. After you have a patent you have to knock on lots of doors to sell your product. IDK about in your area but there are tons of hunting, fishing, gun, boat, garden shows every year in my area. My husband hunts and fishes. we have a couple of friends who have patented fishing products. They started with fishing and boat shows, offering their product as door prizes for fishing tournaments. Give aways at Bass club meetings - just getting their product out there being used.

If your product really is new, good and most of all productive you should have no problem getting a fan base.

Best wishes.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I do have a utility patent over 15 years ago. I will have a new design patent this year. We have our products sold all over the world but mostly on the net which keeps us in the red paying our bills but not making any money for the last 10 ears.! The big chain stores seem to like foreign products better! I was on QVC TV 12 years ago with some success!

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

You won't get very far with the chain stores. Look to local or regional shops. Service your local fishing clubs (bass, fly fishing IDK) Get a small booth (maybe share with other small vendors) at boat and fishing shows. Show up at fishing tournaments in your area with samples for sale and give away as door prizes. You have to establish a ground root following. Don't expect you product to support your family. As long as you make a few $$ it is gravy.

Best of luck - don't get discouraged - if your product is really good those fishing nuts (my husband included) will buy it.

BTW - what kind of product are you selling? Bass fishing, trout fishing, fly fishing? Just curious.

Oh I have to tellyou a story. My Brother loves to fly fish in shallow salt/marshy water for red fish. He also does guided fishing trips - he has his captain's license. He also speaks at fly fishing clubs and has his own web site.

Any way - a friend of his gifted I'm with a huge amount of feathers for fly making. My very smart little brother sold feathers on e-Bay for the feather hair craze. He made over $1,500 selling feathers that he got for free to silly girls! Smart Guy! Love my Brother.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Thanks for the info and advice. I have probably been through everything even over 32 sport shows. Some of the shows were 10 days long! We have a 10 year history page on our web site and huge testimonial page . We also have many films on U-tube and Face book! Big Chains have so many products that don't compare to ours but since we don't have the bucks we are rejected!
+++
Our BWAB is famous amoung fishrman with probably over 200,000 used all over the world! PM me for any other questions you may have! We even had a 1500 bobber order from Turkey which was larger than any American order we ever had ordered!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”