ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Rainbow - thanks for the graph. BIG spke in 2000. The world did not end or even skip beat.. Charlie love your version of the Mayan calendar. Got to get some milk to go with my Oreos.
Elizabeth - or Your Majesty

Living and growing in Lafayette, La.

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Burz

And, Burz...? Would it be too much for me to say that I'd like 2012 HOCKEY to get started? :(

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9[/quote]

I wish it would :( Rough without the Red Wings, whom I'm sure you get to see play often in the western conference out there.
Preserve your heirlooms! Support heirloom seed exchange!

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

The 2013 model cars are out. Relax.

lily51
Greener Thumb

There are some really crazy scenarios of what people think may happen. Our calendar ends every dec 31 and the world keeps on spinning.
My only concern is for people who have sold everything, quit jobs, have real anxiety over this. And how they are being exploited by others wanting to make $.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I vote for a new shuttle program! Outter space is very dangerous!
I enjoy fishing ,gardening and a solar greenhouse! carpet installation repair and sales for over 45 years! I am the inventor of the Bobber With A Brain - Fishing Bobber!

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

:roll:

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Have an Oreo B-man.

LA47
Green Thumb

I don't worry about the our world ending. If it can't be stopped why worry about it. We can't do anything about it anyway. I do believe that hard times are coming and I will do what I can to prepare for providing my family with food and water. I do know that I could not turn starving people away from my door if I had any food to give. Mobs I would fight but could you turn away a hungry child?
High Altitude Gardener zone 4B or 5A

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

LA47 - no I could not turn away a child or even an adult. An adult I would offer food in exchange for work. You would be surprized how many walk away. They really don't want food they want $. So sad.

My husband hunts and fishes. He has a friend who owns a hunting ranch in deep south Texas. We are talking high end. This place is a dream lodge. The owner leaves his doors unlocked. He places boxes of canned goods and water next to his door. He refills on a weekly basis. There are so many desperate folks coming across the border many near death from dehydration and starvation. The use his lodge to shower and sleep and eat and drink what he leaves for them. He has had nothing stolen or destroyed. This kind man has a big heart. I am so blessed not to have to experience that kind of desperation. Living in the US I doubt that I will never have to. as long as I am willing to get off of may a and earn my keep I will survive and so will out children and grandchildren.

Even in winter the world is not as bleak as it seems.

Chin up!

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Thanks to all for your input. I get really tired with conspiracy theories, doom sayers, corporate bashers and other internet garbage. What disturbs me the most is how many people take this garbage and run with it like it was the truth. No research - no validation - read it on the internet so it must be true. Sigh. I am getting old. I no longer have the patience for foolishness that I once had.

Sorry all - no intent to offend - just tired of the garbage.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Its too bad you can't believe anything. I guess knoledge education and reserch are the keys to understanding! Its ashame that so many people don't even know what a billion is compared to a trillion! I bought something the other day that came to $15.07 and gave the girl 20.00 and 7 cents. She was so confused she gave me $15 back. I looked at her and said you are wrong here is the $10 so you don't have the wrong amount in your drawer! That was my first gift to someone this year! Too many cell phones and no math skills. Maybe they should combine math so you need it to use a cell phone!
I enjoy fishing ,gardening and a solar greenhouse! carpet installation repair and sales for over 45 years! I am the inventor of the Bobber With A Brain - Fishing Bobber!

lily51
Greener Thumb

Re: Will the world end or change dec.21-2012

[quote="Bobberman"]Acordint to many people the planets will line up and a planet x will enter into our solar system causing damage to all the planets. Jupitor will become a sun because of a solar flare! Can anyone add to this?

Fear is a powerful control weapon to which we are all vulnerable.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Yeah Bobberman - so sad that so called adults can not even give change. IDK - I some times I deliberatly do what you did just to see the response. Usually confusion.

Sigh - I remember playing shoping games as a child with my Mother. The point was to learn how to use money and give change. I was 5 or 6 years old.

It all makes me tired.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Sounds like a good topic for a movie!!

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

I agree with PunkRotten and Dillbert......

If it happens, it happens. I don't want to be alive if no one else is. :|

Never hurts to have extra's, in case of local storms etc. but to keep

worrying about the end of the world is just plain silly. :)

lily51
Greener Thumb

If it happens, it happens. I don't want to be alive if no one else is.

Never hurts to have extra's, in case of local storms etc. but to keep

worrying about the end of the world is just plain silly.

Agree !

(still don't know the right way to highlight a quote)

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Back to the original thread - the world WILL change. It does every day. That is part of the joy of living - to experience the joy of the daily change in this wonderful world we live in. Marvel at the beauty of your garden, the bounty of the produce you have, the laughter of your childrren, grandchildren and neighbors children. Be grateful that when you breathe on the mirror in the morning it steams up - that means that you are ALIVE to enjoy one more day! Be grateful that we ar allowed to express our opinions so freely and worship as we wish. The world WILL change. It always does. Will it end? Nope. This good old Earth is a tough old girl and she will survive us all.

:P Smile :D Be happy! :clap: We live in a wonderful world. :!: Be grateful :!:

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Mail me all your garden tools as you are not going to need them after the 21st.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

:>

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

lily51 wrote:Never hurts to have extra's, in case of local storms etc. but to keep

worrying about the end of the world is just plain silly.

Agree !

(still don't know the right way to highlight a quote)
Dear lily51 (and anyone else who'd like to know how to do this :) ):

When you see someone's message that you'd like to repeat, or quote, some of in your reply, click the "quote" button in the upper right-hand corner of his/her post rather than the "Post reply" button at the end of the thread.

The "quote" button will start a new message for you, and the other person's message will be there, waiting for you. :) If you don't need all of the previous message, just delete the extra text; as an example, I removed the first bit of lily51's message from this quote, but left the rest exactly as it was.

Then you enter your response blah blah blah (mine sometimes seem like blah blah Ginger blah blah :lol: ).

Finish in your usual manner (for me, it's "sign my name and gardening zones and include sig block" the first time I post in a thread; the second or third or ??? times, it's just "sign my given name") and proceed from there to Preview or Submit.

HTH. :D

Thank you for participating, being a Master Gardener in your own city, and being courageous enough to ask this question on the open forum. You may have helped *many* members today!

Cynthia

lily51
Greener Thumb

cynthia_h wrote:
lily51 wrote:
HTH. :D

Thank you for participating, being a Master Gardener in your own city, and being courageous enough to ask this question on the open forum. You may have helped *many* members today!

Cynthia
We'll see how well i follow directions!
Thanks Cynthia for the information and the nice words.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

It's only 13. Oh No!, Not The Unlucky 13!!!!!!

Eric

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Eric

lorax
Greener Thumb

Of course the world is going to change. You can never stand in the same river twice - really, you can't stand in the same river for even a minute. And for some people, because it is their time, the world will end. It ends every day, and begins again for others.

As far as the whole "ancient predictions" thing goes, I've always been secretly suspicious that something that's missing from the translation of the Mayan calendar is the notation "end of cycle. calculate new calendar now."

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

yep, this will not be the first time we've come to the end of the long count. it's the 13th or 14th.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I think we should all have an I told you so party on the 22nd. :lol: ImageImage

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Remember about the guy who cried wolf. All it has to happen is once! Outer space is our enemy and we should have a space program that will deal with it! Even a object as big as a city block would destroy us all! This is no laughing matter!

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

LOVE the pics :!: Saw them early this AM and almost choked on my coffee with laughter.

Dillbert
Greener Thumb

seems most of the real science community does in fact agree it will happen again. in fact, in the spate of recent tv documentaries a number of real respected leading whatever guys are aghast that the "collective we" are not more actively working on solutions. when we spot a gigantic rock with our name on it, gonna' be too late to start testing theories....

which is my glitch with the 12/21 theory - if the rock is gonna' be here on 12/21 - it would have been spotted by now.

if the world is going to end from seismic activity, there'd be a lot more pre-rumblings around the world.

which leaves the unpredictable massive decimation by solar flare / gamma burst. although solar active runs on a demonstrated cycle, "our" predicting the size of things is not very reliable.

a gamma burst would indeed be a complete 'surprise' a star close enough, collapsing, creating a burst pointing in just the right direction, few seconds and it's over for half the globe in a trice - the other half will have quite a time surviving long term.

which raises the interesting question, iffin' you had yer druthers, which side you wanna' be on?

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I agree most or all are hoax. I think Jupiter protects our planet more that anyone realizes!

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I agree most or all are hoax. I think Jupiter protects our planet more that anyone realizes!

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I know one thing for sure, your world will end in your life time. :roll:

Eric

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

If the world is ending in 13 days, I won't have to sort through my junk with this move. YAY!!! LMFAO

LA47
Green Thumb

Darn it! I've already spent my money on presents and the food to feed an extra 6 people for 5/6 days over the holidays. If I could add a couple thousand to what I've spent, we could have been in Hawaii, sitting on the beach with some neat drink in a coconut shell in our hands on the 21st. :shock: I also could forget my diabetes and eat whatever I want. Sadly there's probably some people that are doing that.
High Altitude Gardener zone 4B or 5A

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I think the planet X exist if the orbit around the sun is correct. Can a planet orbit around the sun ismy question! The problem is the time line which is 3000 years to complete the orbit!

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

tomf......After looking at that, I have to wonder "why" people are buying Gold and Silver like crazy. :?:

I would think that food and water would be more usefull. Plus the ability to grow things to eat.

Mind you seems like a lot of rich people have not only the gold/silver but big ranches way out in the middle of nowhere.

Since we aren't rich, guess we'll just have to make do. :(

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”