ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

LMFAO

Glad to see you all still here - as if there was any doubt.

Merry Christmas one and all :!:

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

Hi everybody, Beautiful sunny day here. Seems like we're all here. :wink:

Hope everybody else has nice sunny weather too.

MERRY CHRISTMAS :D

LA47
Green Thumb

DUM-DE-DUM DUM!! The days not over yet but you'd think we would see something by now. :lol: :lol:

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

What's really sick is somewhere there is a guy really disappointed the world didn't end.

Somewhere sitting in their bunker with their M-16s, cans of beans and bottled water bummed everyone in the world except them isn't dead. That's some sick mentality but I bet it's going on somewhere. They were probably hoping to get out of their massive debts.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

LA47 wrote:DUM-DE-DUM DUM!! The days not over yet but you'd think we would see something by now. :lol: :lol:
Some guy was trying to give a time during the day that "supposedly" we are gonna see something. People are so stupid they don't realize that if something was coming from space you'd see it for weeks in the sky before it got here. I can't wait for the day to be over so I can finally tease all these fools I come across that believed in this. Now most doomsday believers are trying to say it was never going to be earthquakes, asteroids or fires, but by politics instead. And of course US govt is the one they are blaming.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

It ashame I can't see planet X today its snowing too hard! I guess if you can't see it it won't hurt you right?! Seeing is believing I always herd! I can see sun light but I can not grab it! I can't see the wind but I can feel it! I can't see God but I hope he or she is there!

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

I just went over to youtube to visit these end of the world conspiracy videos and people are now saying the end of the world is not today, but it is now the 23rd.
Last edited by PunkRotten on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

No not the 23rd 23 is my lucky number. With my luck I would hit the power ball the day the world ended!

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Charlie, I absolutely LOVE the Wile E. Coyote images and the "harrumphing" cat! :lol:

Could have done with some of that Fire from heaven today; it's wet, drizzly, and cold here in the "beautiful" San Francisco Bay Area. And the heat in my house doesn't reach my downstairs work abode, where I've been a LOT of the past many hours. A crisis from 11:00 p.m. last night until 1:15 a.m. this morning, at the computer again to follow up on the crisis at 7:30 a.m. Finished work approx. 4:45 p.m. All of it miserably cold.

Get this: I'm wearing an undershirt (long-sleeved camisole). A turtleneck. A knitted vest. A sweatshirt. And a crocheted shawl wrapped around my neck. A crocheted/knitted (yeah, both skills) hat. Two pairs of socks--one short, one long. Slacks. (And, since some of you will wonder: yes, bra and undies. :roll: ) Closed-toe, tie-up shoes to keep in what small fraction of body heat the socks manage to trap.

And my hands are like blocks of ice. My toes are cold. The dogs, lying on the for-god's-sake floor, look comfy as all get-out. The cats are curled up on the bed, the upholstered chair, the whatever that's cozy.

But NO Fire from the sky. Nope. Just cold, wet rain. :evil: Like any...

WINTER SOLSTICE!!! The days will slowly begin to grow longer now. :)

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Happy Solstice everyone! I take it we all survived! :) A couple friends and I had champagne toasts at midnight to celebrate surviving in to the beginning of a new cycle (while watching on TV the movie 2012 about the world ending).

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I guess it a ice age intead the end of the world! At last we will have a ew minutes more of day light every day now!

applestar
Mod

cynthia_h wrote:WINTER SOLSTICE!!! The days will slowly begin to grow longer now. :)
Bobberman wrote:we will have a ew minutes more of day light every day now!
Yes, one of my kids said "so that means spring s coming soon?" ... :? ... "um, no, winter just started and we're heading into the coldest part of the winter.... :lol:

But my indoor plants will start waking up with increased daylight regardless, and new shoots will start growing by late January. :D I'll be starting the earliest seeds by then and potting up some of the forced dormancy plants. -- it really feels like spring is on its way. :()

lorax
Greener Thumb

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Some people sure did get carried away with this end of the world thing, they were posting about the apocalypse like there was no tomorrow.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Turned into ash?! End of the world?!

I'm still downstairs, and I'm still cold. :x

Tried to keep warm last night by re-organizing my knitting/crochet yarn. (Yes, I have several projects in progress!)

Cynthia

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

cynthia_h wrote:Turned into ash?! End of the world?!

I'm still downstairs, and I'm still cold. :x

Tried to keep warm last night by re-organizing my knitting/crochet yarn. (Yes, I have several projects in progress!)

Cynthia
Please no more talk about your knickers. :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYV5SrofmjU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wd1qPUjHxQ

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

DoubleDogFarm wrote: Please no more talk about your knickers. :shock:
But it's my HANDS that are cold.... And my feet. Still. Heavier socks, more layers of clothing, just aren't doing the job. And I refuse to pay $$$ to our local utility, PG&E, whose national profile was no doubt raised considerably when one of their gas lines exploded in San Bruno in September 2010, killing 8 and wounding dozens more, destroying dozens of homes.

My thermostat (for the house, anyway...) is set on 65 deg F. Upstairs it's nice enough; it just so happens (hmm...) that my work station is downstairs. Grump....

Cynthia

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”