Jardin du Fort

Congratulations Elizabeth! One big hurdle is past, and you did it well!

You might be surprised at the "old fart lying convention" to find others that have quit the C-stick, or wish they could. If someone from that group tells you you shouldn't have quit you know two things: They're an old fart, and they're lying. You WILL succeed and you WILL be proud of yourself!

:clap:

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Jardin -so true. The fact is that very few of my old buds smoke any more.
So the few that do will be sitting outside in the cold. HA hA!

Jardin du Fort

ElizabethB wrote:Next big test is next Saturday. I spent 6 years active duty Navy and 16 years USNR. We are have the first old fart lying reuion of my reserve unit next Saturday. Another big challenge that I vow to overcome. I will drink my wine but will not smoke. So there.

Thanks all for your support!
Hoping the OFLR went well and you passed with flying colors! :clap:

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Had a wonderful time at the reunion! :D So glad to see those guys. For so many years they were my second family. In the military you develop a bond that civilians can not fathom. Out of 20 sailors and 6 spouses there were only 3 smokers. I did drink too much wine but managed not to smoke. :clap: G wasn't over enthusiastic about going with me - he really did not know my ship mates but he had a good time as well and was my designated driver. My shipmate Rudy and his wife Jimmie hosted the gathering at their camp. It is 35 acres in the middle of no-where outside of Iowa, La. They have a cabin and a motor home on the property. There are lots of woods and a very nice pond. Nothing fancy - in fact quiet rustic. We all had plenty to eat and drink. After the initial hugs we all quickly fell back into a pattern of good conversation - sharing memories of good times and bad. Remembering shipmates who are no longer with us. Training trips we had taken together. COs good and bad. Of course we have all aged. Gee how does that happen? But all and all a wonderful time was had by all.

Still hanging in there. The physical issues are past the "want" is still there. I am looking forward to the day when the smell of c smoke makes me ill instead of making me want to inhale.

Thanks all.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

ElizabethB wrote:. . . Still hanging in there. The physical issues are past the "want" is still there. I am looking forward to the day when the smell of c smoke makes me ill instead of making me want to inhale. . .
That will come, Elizabeth. I'm afraid the "want" will be with you a long time.

Those moments when you really feel the "need" for a smoke - we can't expect them to go away.

For me, it was driving in traffic when I am in a hurry. Waiting thru 3 light changes to be able to cross an intersection. Having to stop at red lights every 3 blocks for 2 miles of city driving . . ! Getting trapped behind a city bus and having every car behind me pull into the left-hand lane to pass at every bus stop - one-at-a-time from the car farthest back right up to the idiot on my rear bumper!

These experiences never went away despite my bumpersticker which clearly states:

If God Had Intended Man to Smoke,
He Would Have Set Him on Fire!

Steve Image

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

But you will get to where the smell of a room full of smoke or someone smoking in a car will be disgusting. My partner smoked age 14 to 40, but smoke is disgusting to her now.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”