prettygurl

Streaming music

Do any of you stream music online? I am looking for a different option than Pandora.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I mostly listen to Pandora but here is one. [url]https://www.jango.com/[/url]

prettygurl

Thanks Tom. I tried Grooveshark yesterday. The jury is still out on that one. It does allow for more control over artists and songs but it takes forever to set up. I may not have enough time to invest.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

One station idea in 24 hours: Ready to hear from the deaf guy?

Okay, I'm not completely deaf. Last year, I had the idea to try to make up for the loss I feel with no music in about 20 years. So, I went back to "my roots" to see where music that I listened to as a kid had gone . . . and I hadn't followed.

You see, what bothers me is to think that I know a song but it doesn't have much of any similarity to my memory of it. That kind of hurts my feelings. But, if I don't know it - or, never knew it - maybe I can enjoy music again.

I listened to next to nothing thru the summer because I've been busy but the other day I put on the head phones and began to listen to Pandora, Grooveshark and Last.fm, again. I'm not too skilled with streaming music but I find Pandora quite repetitious - maybe I just haven't selected enuf music for my music feed. Making some personal choices IS what's good about Grooveshark but I'm mostly looking for what I don't really know (see above). So, I'd just as soon allow them some latitude.

Last.fm was, once again, the last that I turned to - good stuff - I think. I mean, they seem to find things that I might not have thought of otherwise.

Steve
who will now have to check out jango.com :)

prettygurl

I will also give Last.fm a try.

webmaster
Site Admin

Rhapsody lets you pick albums to listen to. Their discovery engine doesn't stand up to Pandora. Plus Rhapsody is ridiculously expensive. I have been a customer for a couple years but since I don't stream at home anymore because of data caps I just cancelled and listen to Pandora in the car.

I'm going to check out the paid version of Spotify because I can stream albums with them. I've been a free listener of Spotify for a few years since it was in Beta in the U.S and like it. But haven't tried it in the car via my cellphone yet.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

On Pandora I click on the artests they think are simular and try them, if I like thhem I click the "like" button.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Any ideas about sound quality?

I cannot be the best one to judge but it seems to me that of the 3 that I've had experience with - Pandora is the best & Grooveshark the worst.

However, it may have something to do with the internet service provider.

Steve
[img]https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/Digit_007/Just%204%20Fun/1152_Music_fan-1.jpg[/img]

webmaster
Site Admin

Pandora will stream at a higher bitrate if you subscribe to their service, which costs about a third of what Rhapsody charges for their non-mobile service. Rhapsody is pricing themselves out of existence. I cancelled my subscription and currently pay for Pandora so I don't have to listen to ads.

prettygurl

At times I have a problem with the sound quality of Pandora but I only use the free service.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”