GardenRN
Greener Thumb

Where does the time go...

Earlier this month my little girl turned 5. :( Where the heck did the time go? Now she's off to school every day instead of out in the garden with me. She's got new friends (probably cooler than dad)....and she knows everything! Just ask her...lol. ho hum. I miss having you here with me all day Maggie, but I'm very proud of you and love you. -Daddy

[img]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/grnpez/100_0960_zpse368ce79.jpg[/img]
[img]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/grnpez/100_0694_zps0a737726[IMG]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/grnpez/IMG_4338_zps0f454227.jpg[/img].jpg[/IMG]
[img]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/grnpez/IMG_3933_zps858eb2c8.jpg[/img]
[img]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/grnpez/100_0993_zpsd66850aa.jpg[/img]
[img]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/grnpez/IMG_4183_zps45a3b136.jpg[/img]
[img]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/grnpez/IMG_3917_zpsd61becdd.jpg[/img]
Jeff

USDA Zone 7a, Sunset Zone 32.

Failure is only a fact when you give up.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Cherish the moments Jeff.

:cry: No! I got something in my eye.

Eric

pinksand
Greener Thumb

You have a beautiful family! Maggie is just darling :)

It's wonderful and heartbreaking all at the same time! I don't have kids yet but I've watched my niece and nephews go from cherub faced munchkins to lanky pimple clad teenagers. Every stage has certainly had its perks, but sometimes I wish we could rewind and I could carry my niece on my shoulders again looking for "fairy houses" in the woods while having long conversations about our favorite colors. I love who she is today, but it makes me sad that the time has been so fleeting.

I'm sure that Maggie knows how much she is loved and will keep that with her always.

GardenRN
Greener Thumb

I'll really be in for it when the youngest heads off to school. The garden is gonna get really lonely then! At least the weekends will remain fairly untouched for a while yet.
Jeff

applestar
Mod

Great reminder to spend as much time as you can with your kids. :D
...while they'll still have anything to do with you :lol:

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Sweet; love the baking out fit.

Francis Barnswallow
Green Thumb

Awesome memories GardenRN!!

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

I agree with DDF, enjoy these times, because soon you'll be playing with

grandchildren, "really" wondering were the time went. :shock:

GardenRN
Greener Thumb

From what I can see of my mom and in-laws that'll be even better, Mantis! They get to get 'em dirt, sugar 'em up with candy and junk food, and then send 'em home when they start to get cranky! And the kids think they are the best thing since sliced bread. That'll be fun :) hopefully I'll be hearing "Grandpa can we pleeeeeeease go play in the garden?!?" lol.
Jeff

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

GardenRN wrote:From what I can see of my mom and in-laws that'll be even better, Mantis! They get to get 'em dirt, sugar 'em up with candy and junk food, and then send 'em home when they start to get cranky! And the kids think they are the best thing since sliced bread. That'll be fun :) hopefully I'll be hearing "Grandpa can we pleeeeeeease go play in the garden?!?" lol.
They won't have time for old fashion grandpa. Their vegetables come from Mars.

Eric

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OqwKfgLaeA

Eric

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Mom, "Oh, where did the time go?"

4 year old Amy, "Back in the clock."

Amy is now mother of 3, yet we still giggle at this quote.

Enjoy those little ones.

Cute family. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Gardening at 5000 feet elevation, zone 4/5 Northern Utah, Frost free from May 25 to September 8 +/-

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Ahhh! The other day I picked up 3 1/2 yr old g-son, brought him home until Dad got him. We were at a table on the deck, I was bagging flax (for my 18 c th market), LilDan doing cars and dump trucks. He had me partially engaged, and was specific how to load and dump leaves from that truck.No Variance!! I looked at scene and no different from 30 yrs ago when that was his Daddy with trucks. Different table and house, but same scene. The metal dump truck was his Dad's.
Have fun!
Susan

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

The scenes of childhood and the rites of passage may be all very similar. Within families, personalities may be similar. Probably what is even more consistent is the child who grows into an adult.

They change, Jeff. But, who they are today has a great deal to do with who they are tomorrow. Your appreciation of your children and desire/willingness to have them participate in shared activities should help develop their own sense of self-worth and competence. They are going places ;) .

More and more, influences will be from outside their family. Still, you are providing them with a foundation and an attachment that, altho' it may be altered, should never be lost.

Good for you

Steve :)
We are each other's harvest; we are each other's business; we are each other's magnitude and bond. ~ Gwendolyn Brooks

edelweiss

JEFF

Hello, how are your adorable kids doing now? I hope you still treasure every moment you have with them, time does fly. I see it on my 4 children, now they are 26,24,23and 20 years old. I keep telling my friends, I never would change anything, all through-out the years til they were grown up we decided I stay at home, raising them. Many times we had to sacrifice different things, but it was 100% worth it! :D

Edelweiß

GardenRN
Greener Thumb

Hey maybe I could convince Brooke that I need to stay home! :D .....I don't think she'll go for it. Mine are young...5, 3 and 16 months. I can defniitely wait to get to the "grown-up" part lol. I'm happy I have a lot of years left before that.
Jeff

GardenRN
Greener Thumb

Re: JEFF

edelweiss wrote:Hello, how are your adorable kids doing now? I hope you still treasure every moment you have with them, time does fly. I see it on my 4 children, now they are 26,24,23and 20 years old. I keep telling my friends, I never would change anything, all through-out the years til they were grown up we decided I stay at home, raising them. Many times we had to sacrifice different things, but it was 100% worth it! :D

Edelweiß
out of curiosity, your name isn't really Edelweiss is it? :) It reminds me of the song from The Sound of Music. The one the captain sings with his oldest daughter. I used to sing that song(still do to the youngest) when the babies couldn't go to sleep, or when they woke up screaming at 2am. All the parents know those nights. :roll: It worked for all 3. And for some reason my oldest liked "sexy love" also...but that's another story lol.
Jeff

edelweiss

FAMILY

Good morning, no my name is not Edelweiß, but I was close to be named that, because I lived my childhood in the Alps. :D

Edelweiß

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”