Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Okay, I am a bit recovered. The saddle holder is beautiful and I've never seen such perfect posture on such a large cat. Can she saddle a horse?

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Charlie MV wrote:Okay, I am a bit recovered. The saddle holder is beautiful and I've never seen such perfect posture on such a large cat. Can she saddle a horse?
:shock:

Francis Barnswallow
Green Thumb

Anyone have any thoughts? wild ideas?

Make your own poppers (fishing lures). Saves ya a ton of money.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

We grow big caats out here charlie. it was the only photo I had of the saddle holder on line.

Fig3825

This is not my own idea, I stole it from TV.

Was watching Design Star on HGTV couple nights ago and this one kid took stumps and bored some small holes in the flat top of the stump and planted succulents in the holes. Apparently, since they don't need much watering, it's a perfect home for them.

Perhaps you can finish the block somehow to make it pretty and shiny, then drill a couple or three 1" or 2" holes closer to one corner of a block and then plant some smaller succulents in it.

Then you have a nice little finished wood piece with plants growing out of the top.

I thought it was really clever what the kid did on TV because he did the same thing with 18" stumps that were about 30" tall. He drilled some holes close to an edge of the stump, planted about 5 or 6 succulents in them and the result was a rather clever end table with succulents growing right out of it.

Just after I posted this I found a link to the article with a pic [img]https://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2012/06/melissa_home/Design_Star_0703/DesignStar704_Succulentsidetable_close.jpg[/img]

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Whenever I get time I have some big logs to chainsaw carve, I will make them into something other than bears. LOL

[img]https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/twistedtomf/landscaping%202012/DSCN0800.jpg[/img]

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”