NorthEastFloridaPlanter

This is how dumb I am.

I'm new to gardening; I like to use recycled materials and plant in containers.

I was at the Goodwill Store the other day and saw an new, clean clothes storage bag for $2.00. I bought it thinking I could plant potatoes in it. "This way I can start at the bottom and as I work my way up planting and harvesting potatoes, I can zip the zipper up on the bag and it will act as an ever enlarging container.", I thought to myself.

It was only after I got home and got to thinking about it, did I realize that the clothes storage bag of potatoes will be setting outside with hay and mulch in it. That zipper is not going to last to long after it gets rained on, watered daily, and full of hay and mulch!

Oh well, I've since cut up the bag and I've made kind of a make-shift greenhouse/tent to shelter my newly planted green bean seedlings. We will see how that works!

Nancydobs

Loved the title of your post. Some of us SPECIALIZE in doing things the hard way and appreciate knowing others do the same. For some reason, the more I learn and read about gardening, the more confused and confounded I get (my head swimming with too much information) and then I end up doing something just plain STUPID. Don't feel bad - you had a great idea and still managed to salvage something out of it!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”