Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Daisy, checking for garden invaders ...

[img]https://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/Kisal_photos/Daisyinappletree-1-1.jpg[/img]

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Oh, as long as you have 2 legs, not 4, you'll definitely get kisses on the nose! :lol:

If you happened to be a squirrel, cat, or some other 4-footed critter, you'd get her teeth, instead of a kiss. :roll:

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

That appears to be a pit. At one time in my life I raised pits and they are great tree climbers and some of the overall most athletic dogs I've ever owned. Great looking dog you have there and I'm sure squirrels don't feel too safe in that tree.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I was told she was part dalmatian and part blue heeler. She isn't all that big, not big enough to have much, if any, pit in her. She weighs about 40 lbs, and is quite overweight at that. She should weigh about 30 lbs. She's about the size of a standard beagle, maybe and inch taller.

The broad, stocky build could just as easily be from heeler genes. I had a purebred blue heeler ... dam was a red heeler, sire a blue ... and that's the build I see in Daisy, so I didn't question the mix the pound had decided on.

Ya never know, though. I just don't think she's big enough to have pit in her. I've seen plenty of pit bulls and pit mixes. They're very popular dogs in my area, and most people feel that they're good dogs as long as they're not treated cruelly. :)

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Kisal wrote:I was told she was part dalmatian and part blue heeler. She isn't all that big, not big enough to have much, if any, pit in her. She weighs about 40 lbs, and is quite overweight at that. She should weigh about 30 lbs. She's about the size of a standard beagle, maybe and inch taller.

The broad, stocky build could just as easily be from heeler genes. I had a purebred blue heeler ... dam was a red heeler, sire a blue ... and that's the build I see in Daisy, so I didn't question the mix the pound had decided on.

Ya never know, though. I just don't think she's big enough to have pit in her. I've seen plenty of pit bulls and pit mixes. They're very popular dogs in my area, and most people feel that they're good dogs as long as they're not treated cruelly. :)
One of my best pits was a male that only weighed 45 lbs. when in shape. He, and I, would gain weight over the winter months. A lot of the old time pits were not near as large as the ones you see today.

She is a nice looking dog and good to know she's a rescue dog from a pound.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

She was on the list to die that day. I couldn't let that happen to her. She's too sweet. Doesn't like strangers, but gets to like people after they've been around for awhile. It took about 12 hours for her to decide she liked me enough to jump up in my lap. :lol:

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Daisy the Dog on Duty! :D Great photo, Kisal; great dog, too!

She probably liked the view as well....no critters / vermin near or far. That's how she likes it when Daisy the Dog [is] on Duty!

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Kisal, is your puppy in a tree? I think that's weird but it's even more weird that nobody seems to notice except Gumbo.Have you tried to see if she can do the walking on water trick? If she ever records a song, I want a copy.

applestar
Mod

I really didn't know dogs could climb trees! :shock:
What a great picture of Daisy, Kisal. She's a cutie. :D

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Yes, she routinely climbs up into the apple tree, then strolls around on the large branches. It's quite a sight to see! :lol:

Last week, the electric company was going down the alley, trimming all the trees that might interfere with the lines. My apple tree was one of 'em. I thought they had finished for the day, so I let Daisy out and up the tree she went. Unfortunately, they had just gone to lunch. Boy, were they surprised to be nose-to-nose with a dog when they came back! I heard her start carrying on and the guys yelling, and quickly realized my mistake. I called Daisy back into the house, and she made her way out of the tree and came indoors. She's very well behaved.

Angus prefers to work indoors. Here he is working hard to keep my sofa in place. Never can tell when it might float away, you know! :lol:

[img]https://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/Kisal_photos/IMG_0216-1-1.jpg[/img]

You can tell I adore my pups. They aren't spoiled or anything. :roll:

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Kisal wrote:You can tell I adore my pups. They aren't spoiled or anything. :roll:
1) As to sentence 1: same here. :D

2) As to sentence 2: not "spoiled"; merely treated as they deserve. :wink:

Cynthia

stella1751
Greener Thumb

I laughed at the photo of Daisy in a tree. What a fun dog! She definitely knows how to take the bird's eye view approach to her guard dog duties!

My Dempsey was half heeler. When he and Zeke played hard as young dogs, he'd nip Zeke's back ankles. It was fun to watch the two of them run: Zeke scooting his hind legs under him and Dempsey running with his head angled low to the ground.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

applestar wrote:I really didn't know dogs could climb trees! :shock:
What a great picture of Daisy, Kisal. She's a cutie. :D
That a great looking dog Kisal. Keep an eye out Dasiy.

Apple you say you didn't know dogs could climb trees. LOL You must check out this video, it happens to be a pit, the spitting image of Maya in male form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXElh_VM0Uc&list=FLf5WDHczxQ8_sdqsyUboq5A&index=15&feature=plpp_video

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”