rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

TEN THOUSAND!

This is my ten thousand-th Helpful Gardener post!!!!

It is also very close to my three year anniversary of joining up here.

I have learned so much and had a great time thinking, writing, reading about gardening, sometimes arguing :) ! Thanks so much everyone for being here and keeping this such a lively place! And thanks to webmaster and Scott/THG for getting it all going in the first place.

applestar
Mod

And thank YOU Rainbowgardener for all your terrific ten thousand contributions.
The place wouldn't be the same without you. :D

stella1751
Greener Thumb

Ditto what Applestar said. Aren't there supposed to be ballons, confetti, and speech-making at the 10,000 point? I've been working on my speech for three years now. Only 9,000 to go :lol:

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Yes!!! I've been watching the post count go up and up and UP, thinking, "Wow, she's gonna break 10,000 pretty soon." Well, here's the day: 25 January 2012, Christmas, a month later. Your advice is often like Christmas to new members, I would think, as you've had more hands-on experience than many and are generous and articulate into the bargain. :)

Many happy returns, or whatever belongs in this space.

Happy gardening! :D

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Congratulations Rainbow Gardener. I agree with all the above. Thank you for being a font of information that I can always take to the bank.

webmaster
Site Admin

Wow, congratulations!

tomf
Super Green Thumb

That is a load of them. How long have you been posting here?

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

[img]https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/eric_wa/fireworksanimation-13.gif[/img]

8) Eric

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Congrats!

stella1751
Greener Thumb

I move THG establish a 10,000-Post club. Rainbow should get a red border around her avatar or something equally distinctive.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Congrats RBG.

You Apple and Scott (where the heck is he anyways?) are the one's in the beginning that kept me coming back and eventually steered me straight. You are one of my fav's and will always remember what you have done for me and this site. We may not always agree on everything but it normally turns out you were right. :P Hope to see you at 20,000

Much Love

Dono

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

cynthia_h wrote: Many happy returns, or whatever belongs in this space.

Happy gardening! :D . . .
Yes, "Many Happy Returns" seems appropriate because we are hoping for some small, continuing measure of, at least, notice when we share our suggestions and ideas - aren't we?

And, Happy Gardening, RainbowGardener!

I saw this morning that you had right at 9,999 posts and was hoping you saw that too! You did! And, you made that 10,000th one something special. You deserve lots of recognition for all your THG efforts :) .

Blessings!

Steve

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Somewhere over the rainbow 10,000 feet high! Its a wonder in the world of cell phones someone could achive this feat in three years! Thanks for your great post I have learned alot from them! PM me and I will send you a fishing gift and a pack of suprise seeds!

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

DoubleDogFarm wrote:[img]https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/eric_wa/fireworksanimation-13.gif[/img]

8) Eric

Eric, you are the man. :D

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Charlie MV wrote:
DoubleDogFarm wrote:[img]https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/eric_wa/fireworksanimation-13.gif[/img]

8) Eric

Eric, you are the man. :D

Yeah, that is so cool!

Thank you, thank you every one. It is lovely to be so appreciated! I didn't post anything after this one yesterday, because I knew my counter would then go to 10001 (which could be read as 17, if you are a computer). But it was nice that cynthia in her post memorialized the date for me. Valentine's Day (well, literally the day after Valentine's) will be my third anniversary here, but I thought 10,000 posts was a more memorable "anniversary" to celebrate, than just the time that's gone by.

When my friends and I were telling things we are grateful for at our Thanksgiving celebration, one of mine was Helpful Gardener!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”