Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Re: Whats in your bowl for breakfast the most important mea

With a bad cough for 10 days now when I get up in the morning I have been eating hot cereal! I usually eat cold cereal with a banana but now its mother oats with a mix of things. I add a half banana brown sugar cinnamon, butter and honey. What else can I add? Of course whole milk no 2 percent for me! I put this post up in 2011 and searched for breakfast and found that it was on my mind 2 years ago. Search before you post and you may be surprised how many topics were covered in the past! What do you eat in this cold weather?
Last edited by Bobberman on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Since nothing much is going on in this weather, I had time to make a nice breakfast: veggie omelet (with onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes) and a fruit salad (blueberries, strawberries, bananas) with sour cream/cream cheese dressing. Very nice but unfortunately none from the garden and mostly all imported except the locally grown, organic cage free eggs from our friendly local egg lady.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

!potatoes! wrote:90% of the time it's potatoes, fried. either in little cubes or as hash browns. sometimes with eggs, sometimes without. tea.
Thus your name and avatar photo/

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Most days fruit, and or cereal with fruit, like home grown blue berries. I am thinking of making a vegetable fritter, it is a kind of omelet today. and some hash browns. This topic got me hungry.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I did an experiment this morning. I grated up zucchini, carrots, onions and cheese, mixed them in a bowl and added some minced garlic. To this mix I added eggs and mixed them all together, I just did it by feel so if you want to try this I don't have exact proportions for you. I used a large spoon to drop them like dollar pancakes into a non- stick pan. You want to let them get nice and brown on the bottom before flipping them over. I served them with salsa and sour cream, they turned out tasty and full of vegetables.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Almost every morning I have a green smoothie consisting of a good handful or two of kale or spinach, 1 banana, 1 apple, a chunk of ginger, chunk of turmeric, a squirt of hemp/flax/coconut oil, 1 beet (if I have it), tiny handful of walnuts or almonds, a little powdered probiotics, a few drops of liquid stevia, and a cup of frozen fruit which could be strawberries, cherries, blueberries, peach etc. Sometimes I may even add a spoonful of raw cacao powder.

If I am not drinking this I eat a bowl of granola cereal I buy in bulk with almond milk.

Sometimes I'll pop out my juicer and make juice and have nothing but that for breakfast. It is very filling and nutritious. Some of my favorite juice combos are:

Carrots-gold beets- apples- ginger
Kale-cucumbers-celery-lemon-ginger-apple
cherry- red beet- ginger- pomegranate (expensive to juice, very potent though)
Pineapple-pears-ginger
Oranges-carrots

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

tomf - congratulations, you just invented frittata! :)

imafan26
Mod

I have bacon and one egg a couple of times a week only. I used to eat it every day but my cholesterol went up so I have cut back a lot. On cold days I like oatmeal or cup of noodles. I don't drink the broth, it is too salty. About three times a week I eat fruit usually what I have around which right now are papaya but sometimes banana or avocados. Cold cereals are rare, I don't always have milk around. Once in a great while I'll have pancakes. My drink of choice is diet cola or crystal light. I like my caffeine cold.

On the days when I know I will be out of the house for a long while, I will eat my dinner leftovers with rice or potatoes and have a reverse day if I eat lunch late enough, I won't need dinner or I will eat cereal or yogurt later instead.

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Frittata????????????????????????????????????????/

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Italian version of an omelet, in which veggies (and perhaps other ingredients) are incorporated with the eggs and fried with them (not added later in the process as in French omelets). It is not folded over, just cooked through and perhaps flipped over whole. It is probably more browned than a traditional omelet.

weterman

I sleep through breakfast most days.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”