Sunny_One
Newly Registered

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. It looks like a very interesting board with lots to learn from everybody! Don't mean to change the subject of what is going on. Please continue. :D

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Fooled you Sunny One. In the Hoo Ha forum, nobody seems to know exactly what we're talking about. Welcome here.

Sunny_One
Newly Registered

Charlie MV wrote:Fooled you Sunny One. In the Hoo Ha forum, nobody seems to know exactly what we're talking about. Welcome here.
Woohoo!! My kind of place!!! Thanks for the welcome!

lorax
Greener Thumb

Charlie MV wrote:Definitely post a picture Lorax. You've peaked my curiosity and interest. I'm a fan of gazongas. Does the z have a "th sound in the Spanish pronunciation ?
The "th" is only in Castillian Spanish. South America pronounces the z as a slightly harder s.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

So it's sufferin' succotash and not thufferin thuccotath or gasangas as the case may be...

DeborahL
Green Thumb

Thank you, Susan. Today was the day I've dreaded-my Mom died one year ago today. I am grateful that this day is over.
I just cannot believe my Mom died. I am cut in half with grief and loneliness. Failed on smoking too.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Anniversaries of big losses like that are always hard. I always feel bad for people who lose some one dear on or very near Christmas. It leaves that shadow over the holiday for a very long time. Holidays are times we miss people we've lost more any way, but that's intensified if it's also the anniversary.

A couple pages back in this thread was a very nice suggestion to you about looking for support groups and/or some counseling (peer-to-peer or professional). There are lots of people out there that have been through something like this and know what it's like and know something about how to come to terms with it and start living your life again. I'm sure your mother wouldn't want for you that you spend your life "cut in half with grief and loneliness" instead of going on with things and finding the joy that's still waiting for you out there.

DeborahL
Green Thumb

Thank you, Rainbow. I know she wouldn't want me to go on this way.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”