applestar
Mod

:lol:
I feel your pain. We are having a drought too. The birds have picked my blueberry bushes clean and are working on my raspberry bushes. The blackberry will be ready for them soon.... :roll:

I'm still unable to get it together to build a "Berry House". I've changed plans and ideas several times. Part of the problem is the way the berry bushes are scattered about. I may be in for a serious transplanting and moving this fall. I feel like I want to do this right just once. :wink:

I mentioned seeing (I think) a raccoon this morning. I'm afraid the wildlife have less to eat in the woods. :?

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Our drought officially ended last year. Droughts are scary stuff. I would price the flood insurance. We are not in a flood plain and they wanted more premium for flood coverage than our whole policy cost.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I am at 1200' so if I get a flood many of you will be swimming.

If you do a berry cage Applestar do not use bird netting on top if you get snow or it will cave in. I did that and the first years snow did not cave it in but this year we go a good dump and it fell down. I use the invisible deer fence for the sides and will replace the top with the same. Also use wire cables to support the cage roof.

This is a photo of my cage; I used poles as supports.

[img]https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/twistedtomf/Garden%202010b/_DSC0055.jpg[/img]

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

tomf wrote:I am at 1200' so if I get a flood many of you will be swimming. . .
Tom, if you get a flood it will be because the ice dam on the Clark Fork broke and the water from Glacial Lake Missoula is carrying all my rocks and soil into Oregon :shock: !

I am personally, planning on riding it all out into the Pacific so as to spend next winter in Hawaii :wink: .

My son will be spending this month in San Antonio! Whatever was he thinking!??

Steve

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”