tomf
Super Green Thumb

Good things.

One of the best is a day out doors.

I got some slip on Muck shoes made by Muck Boot Co. I looked a few and liked them the most. You can slip into them, wash them off with a hose and they have a liner that lets air flow around your foot. I got my wife a pair also. My brother in-law was here and saw them so he got a pair.

stella1751
Greener Thumb

Another good thing is a forum like this with which to share our common interest.

At this time of the year, I don't have much to post other than plant-survival and plant-loss stories. However, I log on several times a day to read what other people are doing, to admire photos of other gardeners' successes and failures, and to learn from Q&A threads. Thank you, webmaster and moderators, for giving us all this means of nationwide communication!

tomf
Super Green Thumb

+1 8)

lily51
Greener Thumb

Thanks for the positive thought!
Good things is a state that gets both rain and sun. Woods and lawns are so green here right now, cheers one up just looking out the window.
Soon the plants in the garden will catch up, too. :)

stella1751
Greener Thumb

Oh! Oh! Lily51, you made me think of an even better good thing. A good thing is a state that has very little rain or humidity, so disease is rare, and the winters are so harsh that very few bug larvae can over-winter. Where tomato hornworms have to have their passports stamped at the port of entries and concealed weapons permits are required only of aphids and whiteflies. Where law enforcement is so unfamiliar with live marijuana, they confuse it with a tomato on disability. Where people lock their doors only to prevent family members from walking in at all hours of the day. Where the theft of an Angus bull makes the evening news.

Wyoming is a very good thing!

lily51
Greener Thumb

Stella..Wyoming sounds very interesting! Have never been there,but
"the West" is on my husband's and my bucket list of things to do during retirement.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I could live in Jackson Hole, love it there.

ButterflyGarden

1) Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella sandwich made from home grown produce.
2) Home grown radishes and carrots pulled up 5 minutes ago.
3) Teaching my kinds (5,4, and 2) how to garden and watching their enthusiasm grow.
4) Watching those same kids crave the veggies from the garden.
4.5) The fact that several plants in containers on a balcony can still qualify as a garden. :wink:
5) The scent of Jasmin wafting in on a summer night.
6) Putting the kids to bed and sitting on the balcony with a Bloody Mary just enjoying the beauty of my plants and of the Jerusalem hills and forest beyond.
7) chocolate. :D

lily51
Greener Thumb

Grand daugthers, 7 & 8, who already love to be in the greenhouse, plant flowers, collect produce, love wildlife.
Daughters who love gardening.
Silly grandsons, 5,2 & 2, who love to play in the greenhouse for the stones and the landscaping for the mulch.
Being retired, being able to have some "slow start" mornings.
Traveling with my husband.
:D

tomf
Super Green Thumb

The sun is out today, I will be going out side soon. 8)

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”