to calm u down :)

jpr54_
Cool Member

I don't listen to to the type of music u have been discussing--
I would like to recommend music from the Middle Ages and Renaissance
to calm u down :)

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Now look what you did. I didn't get to read the whole the thread the other day. I just went through it for about and hour and a half watching al the clips and of course searching through the other stuff that came up. I was about to start some seeds but........... :lol:

Yes the only thing I love more than gardening is music.
I love the punk references, that is what I grew up with. Skinheads and razor blades in the pit. Ahh the good 'ol day's. 8)

Here is one of my all time fav bands, Funny while searching through You Tube I came across that Flipper vid Webbie posted. Sorry no real vid, these guys are the real thing and cheap, no fancy cameras here. LOL First real show I saw, we hung out with them afterwords. I was in a punk band at the time, we opened up for them.

MDC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NctzNLw_5E&feature=related
I remember getting intimidated and busted at age 13 by the police.
I remember my friend Tate Bryan getting shot in the back in Tampa, FL for his first-offense burglary.
I remember the police firing at the crowds and killing children cause they were the wrong color.
I remember the narcs from my high school trying to set me up for a big fall.
I remember the police bringing dogs into our school and sniffing away my rights.
The police is the klan is the mafia and they're out for me, and soon they're going to be out to get you, so you better get going if you know it's good for you and take your stand.

I remember when I first went to school
They said, Don't be a joker, don't be a fool
Pledge your allegiance to the red, white and blue
Don't expect your country to do nothin' for you
They said your forefathers loved you
but I only had one
And I watched him die in the heat of the sun
Suckin' up the bullets of a policeman's gun
There was nothin' I could do but stay away

In the U.S.A. you gotta take your chances
If you plan on stayin' free
They call this the land of the living
But they're trying to make a dead man out of me

I remember when I first hit the road
I was runnin' from the lenders of the money I owed
Came to Austin, heard a knock at my door
Crossed another border and I'm runnin' some more
They say they're gonna get me but it ain't happened yet
Burnin' my fingers on my last cigarette
It's time to remember time to forget
Nothin' I could do but get away

I remember all the stories I heard
How a man's supposed to be 'bout as free as a bird
My brother's in prison, my father's dead
Me, I'm tired of living with a price on my head
I wonder if there's a place to be
In the whole wide country for a fella like me
Name's in the paper, face on T.V.
Nothin' I can do but get away

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I love all music. The more unpopular the more I love it. It has to have heart and soul and actually say something. Not this garbage they are pumping out today. Though some new music is great don't get me wrong.

Anyone want to talk punk bands please PM me, though none of that wanna be stuff like Green Day, I'm talking HARD CORE PUNK. I could rattle off bands for day's, I did love the foreign punk as well, even if it was in a different language. You couldn't understand them anyways even if they were talking in English.

I couldn't leave without showing what I did to my back than hippy favorite jean jacket.
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/DSC05596.jpg[/img]
Damn straight I still have it right next to my multiple cases of punk cassettes, yes I said cassettes.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

DoubleDogFarm wrote:That's dirty pool, using my own picture against me. :lol:

Charlie, If I had TV...........

Eric
Perhaps you think I'm treating you unfairly?

[img][img]https://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/charliemv/venus.jpg[/img]

Assemble the court.
[/img]

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Biotch! :lol:

Eric

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

:D

tomf
Super Green Thumb

One night a week the local alternate station plays punk, much of the punk they play is raw and from many bands I had never heard before. I do not like all the bands but many of the bands I do like. I think a ton of the British punk bands all say oui quite a bit, just a little joke there. Yes Green Day is popular and not so raw but I like them, as do tons of people.
The alternate station also plays a remix night; this is of no interest to me. Some of the re-mixers know nothing about tonality. The alt station had been playing club music or trance and dub step but that is not my thing either. With my studio I can remix and do DJ, trance music with easy; I have done some for the fun of it. I play real instruments and it took a lot of work to do so; this is what I like and respect.
I like much of the new alternate, although I find much of it kind of popish. I prefer bands like Breaking Bingaman, Dragonforce and Avenged 7 fold and nu-metal, not so much the metal bands that scream and never sing. I may even tune to some jazz or classical music at times.
I feel radio in Portland is for the dogs so I use net streaming when not in my car. I switch between my presets depending upon the mood I am in. The cool thing is when you click on “likeâ€

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”