applestar
Mod

Glad it wasn't any worse! :shock:
Don't sell yourself short. You got yourself out of the situation by yourself. When one idea didn't work, you went ahead and came up with one that did. If your foot had been stuck under the thing longer, you might have sustained more damage.... So, good for you! :D

Otherwise, you might still be out there, and we'd be wondering where you are -- "Have you seen any posts by Marlingardener lately???"

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Good thing it was not running!!!!
You found a solution so you did good.

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

Hey, try knocking a cast iron skillet off of the sink, onto your foot, I broke my two smallest toes and laid open the pinkie toe.

Try explaining why you are limping then! I really felt... clutsy.

At least the skillet was clean and not hot... I was putting away dishes!

All healed okay, but the toe still protests if I bump it. That was November 2010!

I would have rather said the lawn mower rolled onto my foot.

Glad you got out okay!
Talk to your plants.... If your plants talk to you... Run!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Next time turn the mower on and boom uyou are free, just kidding.

Glad you are alright, stuff happens. At least you were smart enough to get yourself out. Another thing you could try is chewing off your leg, just an idea. :P :lol:

Lehcar

gixxerific wrote:Next time turn the mower on and boom uyou are free, just kidding.

Glad you are alright, stuff happens. At least you were smart enough to get yourself out. Another thing you could try is chewing off your leg, just an idea. :P :lol:
Haha!

How funny! I can only imagine!

Marlin - *Currently chewing on his leg to free it.*
Marlin's wife - "Uhm... honey? What are you doing?!"
Marlin - "... thinking outside the box?"

1. I'm glad you're allright.
2. This story is hilarious mostly because I think we've all been in a situation where we weren't hurt... but could be very embarrassed when help comes if we didn't get out of it ourselves.

I had a similar experience (think the mother from "A Christmas Story" saying "you'll shoot your eye out"). I had been wanting to clear out the attic for a while and been harping on my husband to help for months. Between work and other projects he had going on he just hadn't found time to help yet. I kept threatening that I would do it by myself and he kept saying, "Don't do it by yourself, you'll put your foot through the ceiling."

Pffgghht... I have cat-like reflexes! I won't slip and put a hole through the ceiling!

So... long story short, one wrong step and bam! We now have a hole in our living room ceiling. Ohgreat. To make matters worse, I can't get the leverage to get my leg out. An hour later, I'm in desperate need of a glass of water and a restroom break (not necessarily in that order) when my husband comes home early from work (thank goodness!).

First thing he says, "What happened?!"

Oh. Gee. Take a wild guess. I thought I heard Santa but it was just a prankster raccoon. :roll:

My response, "I shot my eye out."
"A weed is a plant that has mastered every aspect of survival except for growing in rows." -Anonymous

"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." --Greek proverb

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

MG, I had to reach a broken waterline in the engine room of my boat. I hunkered down and crawled past the starboard engine. As my hip passed the gas filter my sweatpants snagged on it.

It's a really tight, hard to get to space and I had a hand full of tools to fix the water line. I kept going. My sweats and skivvies went all the way down to my ankles. So I'm in the bilge with my moon shining.

It was so hard to get to where I was that I just decided to go ahead and fix the line.

So I'm buck neckid getting sprayed in the face with water. My wife enjoyed it so much she took pictures. I'd post them but Webmaster would put me back on double secret probation.

applestar
Mod

LMFAO There are certain perks to these newfangled digital cameras for which you don't have to take rolls of film to be developed and printed at the camera shop or corner drugstore.... 8)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You win Charlie! Some kind of prize for most awkward, uncomfortable, and embarrassing predicament!
Twitter account I manage for local Sierra Club: https://twitter.com/CherokeeGroupSC Facebook page I manage for them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/65310596576/ Come and find me and lots of great information, inspiration

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Marlingardener wrote:Yup Charlie, I'll be sending you my tiara, sash, and bunch of roses. I'll be happy to hand over my Grand Prize to you!

If I accept the prize please understand that my wife will wand me to wear the tiara on my rear end while laying across the egine room floor neckid with freezing water blasting me in the face. Keep the sash unless it's wash and wear.

Please remove the thorns from the roses. My skin is delicate.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Charlie MV wrote:
Marlingardener wrote:Yup Charlie, I'll be sending you my tiara, sash, and bunch of roses. I'll be happy to hand over my Grand Prize to you!

If I accept the prize please understand that my wife will wand me to wear the tiara on my rear end while laying across the engine room floor neckid with freezing water blasting me in the face. Keep the sash unless it's wash and wear.

Please remove the thorns from the roses. My skin is delicate.
Hey Webmaster, I can post exactly what I was saying along with the picture if you want me to. I have a feeling your web sight will be added to the "R" rated sights in the parental guidance software.

When I swear, I do attempt to make the verses rhyme so I'm not a complete lout.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I am happy you did not post the photos Chalie. :oops: :shock:

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”