rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

graphics from NASA

Here's some great graphs and graphics from NASA on what's happening to our planet:

https://climate.nasa.gov/keyIndicators/index.cfm#globalTemp

lily51
Greener Thumb

I just watched the "Blue Planet" segment last night of astronaut's view of the Earth. It is amazing how much of the human effect :cry: can be seen from space.
We all need to stand back and have this perspective to see that it's true.
The very thin blue line of the atmosphere sandwiched between Earth and the vastness of space gave me chills---that's all that's supporting us, and yes, we could definitely affect it.
It ended with a view of the planet, hanging out there in black space, like a blue gem. The narrator says, "This is the home to the peoples of Mexico:' And then continued to other counties, continents, people. It was very powerful to see that "home" is the same place for us all. We need this new mindset. :!:

manofthetrees

howdy RG,

just pokin around the site and stumbled on this post. I've been meaning to complament you on the quote you have...it speaks volumes. I wish everyone could understand what we are all doing to our mother but the majority just can't comprehend.I fear for my childeren and what they're going to have to deal with. once the ice caps are gone were all in deep s**t . ive been watching weather paterns for a long time now and have noticed a huge difference of how high and low pressure systems travel and interact with each other and the way its progressing ,at least fot the northern states, it has changed already.its all kinda inevitable tho, we've been heating up the planet since cavemen started fire

Dixana
Greener Thumb

It's terrifying. All I can think when I see that is more plants more plants!
This is an awesome link to give you a realistic look at your household. We're well below average at my house *if* you don't factor in the trucking business but average is ABSURD.
https://www.epa.gov/climatechange/wycd/calculator/ind_calculator.html

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Oxygen is a very unstable element and if a planet has oxygen in its atmosphere then it has plant life, we need plants to breath.
I know many gardeners know this but I am saying it any ways.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I am at home now and can see the NASA charts, do not have a flash that will view the site at work. WOW!!!!!!!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”