gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Rescued hummingbird, careful this will make your heart melt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvrcdQWzH-8&feature=player_embedded

How awesome is that. :D

applestar
Mod

That WAS cute! :D
At first I thought -- but baby hummingbirds need insects... but then realized the one pictured was already starting to have fledgling feathers and in fact was learning to fly! That was neat.

lily51
Greener Thumb

An inspiring video...and not just the baby bird, but the young man who dedicated time to taking care of it. :D This is news I like to see.

Cerbiesmom

That was sweet. I love that it was a young man that was taking care of the baby. I've hand fed baby birds before, but they were always way bigger. That's a tiny little guy.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

lily51 wrote:An inspiring video...and not just the baby bird, but the young man who dedicated time to taking care of it. :D This is news I like to see.
That was the key point I picked up on. Mom and dad probably won't have to worry about him turning out alright. :wink:

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

love that video! when I was in living in TX my wild humming birds would let me get so close to them I could touch them, and they always never minded the shutter sounds of my camera and always came back every year, lol I even gave them names and they came down and played with me and my ex fiance lol

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”