gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

R.I.P Maya we will always love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it finally happened my dog, my best friend was put to sleep late last night. I knew it was coming but this came all of the sudden. A little over a week ago we had a tumor removed from her leg. It turned out to be cancerous but all the cancer was removed and she should have been good. Before we even had the bandage removed she turned for the worse on Sun.

We took her to the emergency vet last night, comes down to she had another tumor (different cancer) on her spleen we didn't know about that ruptured and she had internal bleeding that would let her live another 10 - 12 hours. Emergency surgery would MAYBE have given her another 3 month's till she passed, which would have been hell for her anyways. We all said good by and she died in my arms. :cry: She was in very bad shape at the time with a low body temp and a ton of lost weight. I am such a wreck right now.

She was the best dog EVER. My wife and I were talking today and all the dogs we have ever had grwoing up were nothing to our "big baby girl". Worst thing is my son loved her just as much as I did. He is pretty tore up, my daughter 4 doesn't quite understand.

You don't know how hard it is to write this.

We miss you soooooooooooo very much Maya. You will always be first in our hearts.

I'm going to eat some sleeping to wash down this vodka now. :cry:

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Oops!
Last edited by gixxerific on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/DSC00501.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/June07CollinpetMaya.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/0707NightNightTime.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/0505MayaTongue.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/DSC00270.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/MayaCool071802.jpg[/img]

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

What a sweet-looking girl Maya is/was, a true family dog. :( I'm so sorry she's gone; I remember when you posted a while back about her being injured/sick and how you were so worried about her.

Tumor on the spleen. We in the Bernese Mtn. Dog community know about those nasty ba*****s ("baddies," of course ... NOT). Malignant histiocytosis is what causes it in the vast majority of Berners, and unless it's miraculously diagnosed very early in its development, there is NO treatment. None. I lost my first Berner to histio in five days. From diagnosis to the end.

No time to prepare myself or even my dog sitters. No children were involved. So I have an inkling of what you're going through, and it IS awful. Terrible. Painful. Shocking to the whole system.

I can only imagine that it's worse for a man, because of the cultural prohibition on men showing public, sad emotion (I.e., crying). A woman can at least sniffle and say, "My dog just died," or even, "We had a sudden death in the family," and people will go, "Oh, I'm so sorry."

But let a man do that and heaven only knows what people will say to him. If anything. They may just walk away, thinking horrible things about him. They may say, "Wow, too bad," and *then* walk away, thinking horrible things about him.

Maybe things are changing for men and their peers in their 20s and *maybe* in their 30s, but to judge from what I've seen around here, not much.

So go with the vodka or whatever works for you and definitely hang out with the kids and the garden and talk it out with your wife/significant other. The feelings will come over you for a while (for me it was months, and I think it was due to not having any warning). Know them for what they are: natural grief. These feelings honor the relationship you had with Maya and how much love she gave to you and the other members of her family/pack.

Cynthia H.
Dog and Cat "mom"

applestar
Mod

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry:

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I'm so sorry, gixx! :(

What a pretty girl she was, and what a true and loyal friend. I know she leaves a huge empty space in the lives of you and all your family members.

tedln
Super Green Thumb

I've never not had a dog or dogs. I've been through the loss many times and it doesn't get easier with age. Sometimes I think it would be easier to not have a dog and not suffer the loss, but then we meet another dog that needs a home. Life goes on. You have my sympathy Dono.

Ted

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Dono,

Sorry man, that's hard to hear. :( I don't have children, so Jacob and Peppercorn are my kids. Jacob 12 years has Addison's disease. I'm not looking forward to that day.

I can tell you men in their 40s 50s and 60s cry. My neighbor's dog of 14 1/2 years died about two weeks ago. He came over in his pickup truck, I came out to greet him, Howdy neighbor. I'm just funny that way :oops: He told me Sweetie died, instant tears. :cry: He was crying before saying Sweetie. I gave him a big hug. I hopped into the truck. We went to my brother's to borrow his backhoe. Same scene there. Emotion and hugs.

I can only imagine that it's worse for a man, because of the cultural prohibition on men showing public, sad emotion (I.e., crying). A woman can at least sniffle and say, "My dog just died," or even, "We had a sudden death in the family," and people will go, "Oh, I'm so sorry."

But let a man do that and heaven only knows what people will say to him. If anything. They may just walk away, thinking horrible things about him. They may say, "Wow, too bad," and *then* walk away, thinking horrible things about him.
Cythia,

I know exactly what you mean. My mother died July 20th. It was a mix of reactions when I told different people. Makes people uncomfortable.

Donno,

Beautiful Maya, Sorry for your loss.

Eric

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

I'm very sorry for your loss. Dogs are family.

lily51
Greener Thumb

I am sorry for your family's loss. Maya looks like she was a sweet dog. They do become part of the family. Great teachers of unconditional love.

shadowsmom

Maya was such a good family dog, a very special girl. So sorry for your loss.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Thank you all.

As far as men crying I'm not scared to cry in fact I don't think I have really stopped since she passed. :cry:

I miss you baby girl.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I just found this thread today. So sorry for your loss. The pictures are great for showing how she will be missed... the one with the baby is priceless.

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Very sorry for your loss of buddy Maya. I would say she had the premier pampered life, with adults, kids, safe yard, comfy house to share with you etc.
One of the hardest things is coming home and glancing for her in her customary spot, perhaps wagging her tail by the door, as she was alerted by your car pulling in the drive.

Cerbiesmom

I'm so sorry. I love my dogs more than I love most people, so I understand. I love her smile. The pic with her tongue hanging out is great. She looks like an incredible girl that had an incredible family that loved her very much. Glad you're not scared to cry for her.

microcollie
Green Thumb

I've been trying since this morning to figure out the right words of consolation, and have finally realized that there really are none. You made her world a happy one and she, your's. That's really the beauty and essence of living with pets. And even considering all the heartbreak inherent in their much-too-short lifespan, I couldn't imagine a world without their presence.

pepper4
Green Thumb

I know what you are going through and I am so sorry about your loss. :cry:

thanrose
Greener Thumb

I'm so sorry, Gixx. The third of my three very geriatric pets is on borrowed time now. It's kinda awful when the emergency vet remembers you from a few months earlier and then a few months before that. 19 year old cats went first and second. Now it's the 16 year old border collie golden cross. She's okay but I have to get up in the middle of the night to take her out to pee. Doc says she's beyond any reasonable life expectancy already. She's watching me right now because she knows I'm sad reading about Maya.

When my mourning gets too much for me, I imagine them thumping tails or playing their doggish games, or the way one greyhound did the hiney dance when she was excited: you know, not just the tail wagging but the whole butt going around and around.

It may not help, but you gotta know that Maya was extraordinarily lucky to have had such a great life of any length with you, as you were so blessed with her.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Again thanks for the kind words. I am hurting badly. I am a lost for words.

All I can say Is we miss you so much Maya.

I keep calling her or asking her to follow but she doesn't show up anymore. :cry: :cry:

[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/DSC00664.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/June07CollinMaya.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/DSC00535.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/DSC00264.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/Img25-2.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/021004MayaBark.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/021004MayaOpenWide.jpg[/img]

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I just got her ashes today. Just reestablishing my torture. We have a cousin who is an artist who if going to paint a portrait of Maya we will put her urn under the painting.

FTW why would this happen to her she was the greatest friend ever? Too messed up to go on.

I Love You Maya and will always miss you baby girl.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

gixxerific wrote: why would this happen to her she was the greatest friend ever? Too messed up to go on.

I Love You Maya and will always miss you baby girl.
Since leaving my parents' house after graduating from high school at 16, I've lost...

Cats (in order): Yarkii, Orpheus, Genevieve, Mischief (we adopted out her mother and six littermates after they were old enough to do so), Tiger, Friskie, Leopard, Lucky, Goldborn, Lisi, Canopus, Rufus, Graywyn

Dogs (in order): Myles (Aug. 28, 2004), Angel, his half-sister (Aug. 28, 2006). Fostered Burt, Bernese/Rough Collie cross; DH didn't want to keep him. :cry: adopted out May 1999. (Dogs came into my life much later than cats.)

Only *one* of these animals' death/loss did not make me crazy with grief. I'm so sorry; it's awful...

Cynthia

applestar
Mod

Right after my first dog died, BF took me to see ET. I cried through the entire movie....
It took me two years until my last cat's passing didn't heart-crushingly hurt, or every little thing finally didn't remind me of him and bring tears to my eyes. It's hard.
:cry:

Cerbiesmom

I still miss my girl that died 5 years ago. Even though I have 3 others now, I still miss my Maggie. She was great. It's so easy to become attached to animals. They don't give you have the grief that other humans do, and they're always beside you, no matter what.

You've been in my thoughts; I know how hard it is to lose your friend and family member. Just take your time and mourn. Also, try to remember the good times you guys had. That's the important part of the pet-human bond, not the loss.

stella1751
Greener Thumb

Gix, I just found this part of the forum today. Wish I'd found it sooner so I could offer you my heartfelt condolences. You think you'll never find one like Maya, and you're right. However, one day, once the pain is gone, you're going to see a puppy . . .

When I put down my best dog that ever lived, way back in March 2000, I knew that, yes, I would have another dog one day. I'm a dog person. I need a dog around. I also knew, though, that I'd never have another one like Tina. You just plain don't get that lucky twice in a lifetime. She was the best!

Then, while working at the animal shelter in August of the same year, an eight-week-old fat little roly-poly charmer with a sloppy grin and unlimited charisma decided to follow me out to my car one day. He was determined to go home with me, and he did.

Dempsey, the fellow whose photo I use as my avatar, is definitely no Tina. She was a prize: obedient, devoted, well-mannered, content just to keep me in her sight or, even better, lie at my feet. Dempsey is a trouble-maker who makes no apology for being the worst-behaved dog I've ever owned. Nevertheless, that charm of his is so darned compelling, well, Dempsey is now my second best-dog-that-ever-lived.

Like Maya, he has had one cancer surgery. I think he may have a new tumor coming on. No more dogs after Dempsey goes! I will not be able to endure loving another one like I loved Tina and do love Dempsey.

My heart goes out to you. Maya was a lovely dog with that inner glow only the best ones radiate.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Thanks Stella. :wink:

I have been searching the rescue sites around me and there are a bunch. Mo sucks for puppy mills and aback yard breeders. I will be getting another pit bull hopefully soon. I can't bear being alone. If you never owned or known a pit bull you wouldn't understand they aren't the killers everyone say's they are the most loyal, friggin most loyal dogs on the planet.

I haven't been on here much I have been pretty much a hermit due to still grieving. She was my best friend and would have died for me and I for her.

When I get a new puppy which is what I am looking for I will for sure post up some happy thoughts for a change.

Thanks for the kind words. They all help.

Good luck with Dempsey, I sure hope it goes well.

I will never forget you Maya, EVER.

stella1751
Greener Thumb

Gix, check out this website: [url=https://www.pbrc.net/]Pit Bull Rescue Central[/url]. One thing I learned from my animal shelter days is that frequently purebred dogs and puppies never make it to the shelter kennels or cages. The purebred societies request the shelter managers put the dogs in isolation until they can send someone to pick it up. They then list them on sites like this. You are close enough to a major city, St. Louis, I think, that you could probably find a dog or pup in need.

I've known good pit bulls, and I've known bad ones. Early environment and the current owner very often make the dog. Some people get a pit for reflective cache: I'm a tough guy, so I've got a tough dog. Other people get them for horrible purposes. Truth be told, as far as aggressiveness toward other dogs goes, Dempsey (half Bull Dog/half Heeler) is about as bad as any I've seen. I have to watch him constantly when other dogs are around. He tells me he is only watching my back, but I think he likes being a tough.

Cerbiesmom

You are so right about the pit bulls, gixx. I've never had one, only been around them occasionally. They've been good dogs, but I've never understood the appeal. I love all dogs, but I'm partial to the herding dogs, even though I've got 2 dachshunds along with my heeler mix.
Since I've been fostering my pit mix, Jasmine, I get it. Pits are funny, sweet comediens that think they're lap dogs. They've got the energy, intelligence and drive that I love in my herding breeds, but are way more into people. It's gonna hurt me to give this dog up. Adopting out her pups was a breeze, but Jas has really squirmed her way into my heart. Her ears remind me of your Maya.
[img]https://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm132/cerbiesmom/052.jpg[/img]
I wish you luck with your new pup when you get one. These are really special dogs, and thank you for being one of the great owners this breed deserves, but doesn't end up with nearly enough.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Stella PBRC is a GREAT site there is a ton on info on everything you would want to know about the breed. They do good work as well, I am well aware of all the rescue and foster places around me. I am not ready at this moment but soon. I also frequent PitbullFourm.com which is a rescue oriented site. You said St Louis all you had to say was Mo. WE are unfortunately the biggest puppy mill state in the US, yeah we suck. There are Pits coming out of the woodwork as well as other breeds which is a bad thing because they are put to sleep in incredible numbers everyday. :(

Cerbiesmom, Jasmine is a real looker she would be hard for me to let go. Yes APBT's are very smart, energetic and love people, a lot of people will say that is crazy talk. I could go on and on about how they are used as police dogs for drug and bomb detecting, service dogs for the needy, they used to be nanny dogs to watch over children, how many of them have save their owners/strangers life in a bad situation. They are great, best most loyal, most trainable, most athletic dog on the planet. That is how it used to be until the media go ahold of them.

Like I said I could go on and on about the good points, just as we on here could go on and on about an organic lifestyle but I will give it a break for now.

Dono 8)

Give this a watch it always makes me cry, only one of many vids like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFQJY1ZK_14

Alright now you got me going I couldn't resist one more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WJWNK8irJE

stella1751
Greener Thumb

Loved the video, Gix! Yeah, I almost cried.

I shouldn't say this here, in your tribute to Maya and all, but years ago, I had a run-in with a bad APBT that set me in what you may deem an unsatisfactory direction. One day, a Pit attacked Dempsey while I was taking him for a walk. It just went right over the fence when we went by and dove at us, teeth gleaming.

I had both dogs, Zeke and Dempsey, on leashes, but the Pit knew what he wanted: Dempsey. For about five minutes, I danced in circles, alternately kicking at the attacker and maneuvering Zeke to the outside. No dog worth its salt wants a piece of Zeke. He radiates easy-going. It's Dempsey the aggressive ones want. Anyway, the Pit kept managing to dodge my foot or slip past Zeke, diving in and tearing off little pieces of Dempsey, who was howling with rage because I refused to let him go. Had I done so, it would have been a fight to the death, and that wasn't anything I was interesting in watching. Finally, people heard me yelling, and they ran out to drag the bad Pit Bull away. Dempsey's skin was torn in several places, with blood running everywhere, but he was fine. I, however, was pretty angry.

Funny postscript: Animal Control asked me whether Dempsey had done anything to provoke the attack. I had to admit that Dempsey might have been questioning the Pit's ancestry at the top of his lungs about the time the Pit Bull decided to go over the fence. That might be considered provocation, right?

Anyway, long story long, about that time I needed to pick a topic for my research writing/argumentation classes, something I could use to give the students examples of what I need them to do on each task (e.g., lead-ins, thesis statements, outlines). Because I wanted to pick a topic none of them were likely to choose, I chose Breeder Specific Legislation (BSL). Because the best arguments are made when you are arguing from a position of weakness and because I was still seriously annoyed by the APBT incident, I decided to argue in favor of BSL.

Each semester I prepare a new example for some task related to writing a research paper. Last semester, I actually outlined my arguments and counter arguments. This semester, I want to find some statistics regarding breeds of dogs responsible for reported dog attacks upon humans so I can give the students an example of a pie chart. (Students like to know their instructor can do what she asks them to do :roll: ) One day, I will write the entire essay.

So, when I started watching your first video link, I gave a mental "whoops." Hey, it's an interesting topic, and you'd be surprised how difficult it is to find credible sources in favor of BSL. I've got my work cut out for me!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Argue in favor of BSL? There is so much I could teach you. If you were to go to the [url=https://www.atts.org/statistics.html]American Temperament Test Society[/url] you'll find that APBT is highly rated, over beagles, labs, G retrievers, cocker spaniels etc. They CAN be animal aggressive but they are in the right hands NOT human aggressive. Most all dog attacks are by ill treated or chained or intact (not neutered or spayed) dogs.

There is a plethora of anti BSL stuff out there. If you would like help finding such info PM me.

There are thousand if not millions of pit bulls that live out friendly lives do you really want to kill EVERY single one of them (like PETA does :twisted: ) because there are a few bad apples. The owners are more than likely the reason any dog is mean they should be held accountable.

Also do you know how many raids on dog fighting rings have ended up with pit bulls being fully brought around and living happy lives with their forever family's, even with kids?

Not being hateful just informative Stella I would hate for you to go through life with this feeling. :(

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

stella1751 wrote: This semester, I want to find some statistics regarding breeds of dogs responsible for reported dog attacks upon humans so I can give the students an example of a pie chart. (Students like to know their instructor can do what she asks them to do :roll: ) Hey, it's an interesting topic, and you'd be surprised how difficult it is to find credible sources in favor of BSL. I've got my work cut out for me!
Stella, please look for my PM on some statistics from a site well-regarded in the dog community (https://dogbitelaw.com). I also give some info on dog-bite cases. I don't want to side-track this thread, so am stopping here.

Vergil continues to suffer but hang on and, as long as he and I are permitted to hang in there, we will. Not all human/dog teams are granted even this much; Myles and I weren't. That is why this thread is here.... :(

Cynthia

stella1751
Greener Thumb

gixxerific wrote:Argue in favor of BSL? There is so much I could teach you. If you were to go to the [url=https://www.atts.org/statistics.html]American Temperament Test Society[/url] you'll find that APBT is highly rated, over beagles, labs, G retrievers, cocker spaniels etc. They CAN be animal aggressive but they are in the right hands NOT human aggressive. Most all dog attacks are by ill treated or chained or intact (not neutered or spayed) dogs.

There is a plethora of anti BSL stuff out there. If you would like help finding such info PM me.

There are thousand if not millions of pit bulls that live out friendly lives do you really want to kill EVERY single one of them (like PETA does :twisted: ) because there are a few bad apples. The owners are more than likely the reason any dog is mean they should be held accountable.

Also do you know how many raids on dog fighting rings have ended up with pit bulls being fully brought around and living happy lives with their forever family's, even with kids?

Not being hateful just informative Stella I would hate for you to go through life with this feeling. :(
Gix, I don't believe in BSL's. Truth be told, that kind of legislation would not fly in Wyoming. You may as well try to strip all of cowboys of their guns. You would wind up depopulating the state or finding yourself depopulated :lol:

I initially chose the topic because I was annoyed by one bad dog. It was an off-the-top-my-head knee-jerk response begun four or five years ago in a traditional classroom. A student asked for a concrete example of something. I pictured Dempsey with blood streaming from a torn ear, and I went with BSL's.

I have stuck with it for two reasons:
  • 1) No student save one, and that one at my urging, has ever selected this topic for a research paper. I can prepare examples without worrying that I am, in essense, writing a student's paper for him or her. A long time ago, I used abortion to demonstrate concepts, switching my stance throughout the duration of the semester. Later, while grading final projects, I found myself grading my own work. Those students weren't learning; they were meticulously presenting my work with minor changes. If you need an issue that the typical college student will never even consider during the topic selection phase, BSL's are perfect!

2) It's a challenging argument to make, intellectually. First, BSL's don't appear to work. Second, they would appear to be unconstitutional. Third, they are discriminatory. Fourth, I have yet to find a credentialled expert who supports them. And so on. Up to this point, I have used the issue to provide examples of thesis statements, lead-ins (introductory paragraphs that engage the reader's attention), and logic (deductive and inductive). This last semester, I found the time to prepare an outline of arguments and counter arguments. I have to confess that I really struggled to counter the anti-BSL's arguments. Doing so required all my ingenuity. It was great!
Even though I don't really have an opinion for or against BSL's, I like the challenge posed by the project. Eventually, I will have to actually write the argument. I should have done it long ago; visual learners learn best when given a model to follow. However, I only play with it when time permits. It's fun. I'm looking forward to graphing statistics in a persuasive manner, granted I can find the statistics I need :shock:

thanrose
Greener Thumb

Stella, that made me laugh. Yeah, I think breed specific legislation is a crock, too, but I totally get why you set up the pro argument as an example.

Way back in the day, high school, I always picked the unpopular or hard to defend position for papers when I had a choice. Made my arguments stand out as original, challenged my thinking, and just amused me. Devil's Advocate, as it were. Once in a while I'd write both sides of the argument in two separate papers.

I've thought about what I'll do when my old dog says sayonara. We have a ton of incarcerated pits in my county, because of the illegal gambling... Nuff said? Anyhow, we increasingly hear of landlords here refusing to rent to anyone owning a pit bull. I think Dobermans, Rottweilers, and German shepherds are also on the detention roster. Unfortunately, I'll have to think of housing and insurance costs as well as what I want in a dog.

stella1751
Greener Thumb

I'll definitely agree that many, many Pits don't deserve their bad reputation. Dempsey looks like a Pit. He was playing off his leash outside the fence one day, and a woman came by, out on her daily walk. Dempsey gave her a toothy smile and ran toward her. She jumped on the roof of my daughter's car, denting it and refusing to come down until he was on a leash.

Last summer, a woman came by my house with two loose Pits. Dempsey, loose but blessedly inside the fence this time, was completely freaked out, howling at them about exactly what he wanted to do to them. The lady was unconcerned. She came up to get the one closest to the fence, the look on her face affronted at the way I was dragging Dempsey away by his collar, and said, "They aren't bad Pit Bulls. They won't hurt him." I replied, "Yes, I see that. However, he will hurt them."

You can't always judge a book by its cover 8)

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

thanrose wrote:...I think breed specific legislation is a crock, too, but I totally get why you set up the pro argument as an example.

...I think Dobermans, Rottweilers, and German shepherds are also on the detention roster. Unfortunately, I'll have to think of housing and insurance costs as well as what I want in a dog.
Look into the AKC's (American Kennel Club) Canine Good Citizen program at https://www.akc.org/events/cgc/index.cfm . The CGC test is open to all dogs, whether purebred or All-American mixed breeds. I think disabled dogs can also be tested, but check first to be sure.

If your dog passes the CGC test (ten specific behaviors, all ten of which must be passed on one day), s/he is a "Canine Good Citizen," complete with certificate. DH and I have, when requested, made copies of these certificates for our homeowner's ins. carrier. Our breed isn't a "dangerous" or "menacing" breed, but it is a LARGE breed (females generally 75 to 90 lb; males generally 85 to 120 lb). We're not sure, but we *think* these certificates got us better rates than we would've gotten otherwise with non-certified "LARGE dogs." My dog sitter has German Shepherds, and she's a renter; her dogs have also been CGC certified. (She's a dog trainer herself, so it's almost a professional requirement that they have their CGC! :D )

Many shelters and humane societies across North America offer obedience classes aimed specifically at helping owners/handlers to develop the ten CGC behaviors in their dogs so that more options will be open to the dog/handler team. For example, every dog-assisted therapy program I know of requires that the dog have a CGC before enrolling in any evaluations or tests for the therapy program.

Cynthia H.
remembering Myles, CGC and Delta Pet Partner
remembering Angel, CGC
honoring Vesta, CGC
honoring Vergil, CGC and NDD (Novice Draft Dog)

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Cynthia good idea on the CGC I didn't think of it.

I'm sorry your Vergil is still having problems. My prayers go out to you. Good luck.

Now please lock this thread it has gone way off track.

I love you Maya. :( :( :(

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”